Bicycle Service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 11 May 2009 8.00am
Time to get the annual service for my bicycle. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in the SE1 area? (except Edwards in Camberwell.....least said about them the better).

thanks
Monday 11 May 2009 8.04am
I always go to the London Bicycle Repair Company in Hatfields.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 11 May 2009 8.11am
Evans in waterloo or London bridge?

I tend to use Condor on Grays inn rd (as the boke is a condor)
Monday 11 May 2009 11.12am
I've never had a good experience at Evans London Bridge. I usually find that I'm ignored for about 10 minutes or until I lose patience and walk out...

On the other hand, the guys at 'On your Bike' on Tooley Street are really friendly and helpful. I popped in on Saturday afternoon with a flat tire and they let me change it in the shop! :o) I sevice my own bike so I can't comment on the services but they're a local shop (i.e. not a chain like Evans) so I think they should be supported! ;o)

No ties... just had good experiences there!
Monday 11 May 2009 11.32am
I second James' view about the Bicycle Shop on Hatfields - very quick and cheaper than most.
Zoe
Monday 11 May 2009 1.03pm
How much should a service cost?
Monday 11 May 2009 3.13pm
Evans Cycles. If you were ignored for ten minutes maybe you should have called for someone's attention, I've never had a problem in any of their branches.

Servicing cost depends on what needs to be done to your bike, and if any parts need to be replaced (brake pads, cables etc) and if your wheels need truing.

Evans Cycles have different levels of servicing available, see here: http://www.evanscycles.com/servicing/workshop-price-list

Stage 1 should be fine unless you have any major problems with your bicycle. I think that's what I had done a few months ago and below is my bike.

Monday 11 May 2009 3.33pm
Oh and if you haven't had your bike serviced in a while, you can expect your bicycle chain to need replacing.

If you have a mountain bike or something similar then you might want to ask them if you need new front or rear chainsets as the teeth wear down after a while, causing the chain to 'jump' (which you really don't want).
Monday 11 May 2009 3.48pm
Another vote for the London Bicycle Repair Co in Hatfields. They've given me one of the two best services I've had in London (the other coming from Apex Cycles in Clapham).

But try to get it done by [forgotten name], the chap who used to work at St John St Cycles in Bridgwater. I'm not sure the other mechanics are quite up to his expertise yet!
Tuesday 12 May 2009 8.22am
I would avoid Evans cycles at London Bridge. They ruined my gear system and then accused me of tampering with it when i took it back. All I did was take it in for a service. Everythnig was working well prio to their handywork. Cant speak for any of thier other outlets.

My vote goes to 'On your bike'.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: