Bike Theft Outside Market Porter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 May 2009 2.46pm
Had my Trek Blue Liquid Mountain Bike nicked outside the Market Porter between about 10 and 11.15 Monday night... Whoever did it cut through 3 fairly thick locks... I left it in a very visible place locked to a sign so really thought it would be safe.

Just a word of warning for anyone else... And would happily pay a reward to get it back as it was worth about 2k.
Wednesday 13 May 2009 6.06pm
Wow- sorry to hear that, what locks were they?
Wednesday 13 May 2009 6.17pm
3 thick cable locks... Over 100 quids worth...

Yes I know cable locks are not the best but i didn't honestly think the bike was at risk where it was...
Thursday 14 May 2009 11.29pm
Sorry to hear about your bike. Two youths stole one from outside the Globe Theatre the other Saturday evening - we saw them cutting the lock with an angle grinder but by the time security got there they were long gone! Took them minutes!! There's also a gang targeting bike racks in residential car parks at the moment in Shad Thames and Rotherhithe so be careful with your bikes.
Friday 15 May 2009 8.39am
our 10 ft office bike 'cage' off southwark street was attacked last week - security shooed them away but it was pretty brazen
Tee
Friday 15 May 2009 5.47pm
Yeah i had my not expensive but lovely to me bike, stolen from our out house (broken into).
Also, never assume anything is ever safe in London. I remember a few years back, seeing a van stop a few guys get out and lifting a motorbike into the back of it and drive off. All in broad day light.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: