Southwark in bloom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe Wednesday 13 May 2009 9.51pm
This might be a bit cheeky of me, but I have nominated Styles House for a Southwark in bloom award, (to follow on from the gold award in the 2008 awards), and I was hoping other people would as well!! The address is Hatfields, SE1 8DF.

I'm also going to nominate Ev on Isabella Street, they might be noisy, but they do work really hard to keep the street looking nice, and I don't think there are many other pubs as nice as this one in the borough.

The website is here: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/ParksSection/southwarkinbloom.html

Related news & features

SandyPandy Monday 3 August 2009 9.49pm
Well done Zoe,
Styles and Ev really deserved to win the awards,they do such a good job of brightening up the area and I certainly did put in a nomination for them.Next year the veggie plots cleverly making use of that old 'bomb site'(?) by Styles House will also make the grade,by the look of things.Fantastic,there's a whole load of hard work gone into the grounds and they get lots of appreciation from passers-by.Will you be selling your produce one day? I'll put in an early order for a beetroot and cabbage,please !
Zoe Tuesday 4 August 2009 8.00pm
Thanks so much Sandy, and I completely agree, people have done an excellent job with the vegetables, and even though they are small they have produced a suprising amount of food (though I'm not sure there's enough to be sold just yet sadly!).

However, Valerie Shawcross has been working with us to try to get TFL to let us use the land behind there. We don't know why they won't let us, it's not like they are doing anything with it, but we keep pushing. I think that would be a nice place to get planted up, even if it's just something up the fence to cover it up a bit. TFL should be more committed to greening the environment.

If anyone has an 'in' with TFL, please tell us...perhaps we should demonstrate outside Palestra, it's pretty local!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions