Second-hand furniture shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
aya
Thursday 5 February 2004 7.20pm
Can anyone recommend a decent second-hand furniture shop in elephant and castle area- or slightly further if theres a chance they'll deliver.
thanks.

aya
rm
Friday 6 February 2004 9.13am
what furniture are you after?

Friday 6 February 2004 9.13am
Furniture Mart, 97 Kennington Lane, SE11 020 7735 5037. They get in some lovely stuff and they deliver.
Sunday 8 February 2004 3.33am
The Heart Foundation Shop on Old Kent Rd. They have new stuff in every week - sofas, tables, chairs, wardrobes etc - it's really good if you're just starting out. I furnished my first place from charity shops and it's usually pretty good quality (& v.cheap of course) plus you get the added benefit of feeling self-satisfied that you have helped out. They say that they will pick up stuff, so I'm sure they'd probably deliver (maybe a small fee?). Good luck!

There is no such thing as an Athiest on a Battlefied ... Anon
Sunday 8 February 2004 6.53pm
Yeah, seconded vis a vis the Heart Foundation place on OK Rd. The quality can be variable, and often it's just full of 80s MFI stuff, but I have managed to find quite a few 50s/60s/70s design pieces there for a few quid. It's worth popping in here on a regular basis if you can, as things fly out of this place very fast, but they can also have quite a quick turnaround of stuff.

Bermondsey Market is a lot more expensive than charity places, but also worth a try (plus the shops in that locale) although you have to get there very early, which can be a bit of a test...

Also, surprisingly, EBay can be quite a good place for buying the odd small/design-conscious thing, if that's your bag. Often very low prices.
Sunday 8 February 2004 6.54pm
Also, I forgot to say the Heart Foundation does deliver.
TAK
Saturday 5 May 2007 5.08pm
I am looking for interesting second hand furniture (dining table & sideboard), mainly from the 50's - 70's. Are there any additional shops in or near se1 to what's listed above?

I am not that keen in sourcing it online, as I need touch a table surface in order to mak a desicion.
Any tips are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sunday 6 May 2007 1.27pm
There is a place on Grange Road (not far from Tower Bridge Road). Never been in, just see it as I am travelling down the road. Seems to be of the house clearance sort - with stuff piled outside on the pavement - hopefully the sort of place where undiscovered designer pieces can go for next to nothing. Seems to be open 9-5, mon to fri but cant be any more specific
Sunday 6 May 2007 7.55pm
the place on grange road is also open at weekends, but the hours seem a bit more irregular. Havn't stopped in, just seen some intriguing goods piled on the pavement!
Monday 7 May 2007 2.26pm
Grange Road (just close to Barclays on TBR) is open every day from 10ish until 4ish or later.

They were bemoaning the other day that they had sold two chairs for 100 which are now for sale in a TBR antique shop for 1000.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: