Pub crawl suggestions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 May 2009 11.13am
Am looking at a smallish pub crawl this evening between Borough tube and Waterloo. Starting off at the Royal Oak, then the Lord Clyde but after that where would people suggest if we want to head towards Waterloo?

Thanks.
Friday 15 May 2009 11.32am
Kings Head then White Hart?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 15 May 2009 12.35pm
why crawl? find a good pub (which you've already done) , and stay there.

after The Lord Clyde, try the Charles Dickens, The Ring, and maybe the Fire Station
Friday 15 May 2009 12.44pm
Lord Clyde, Founders Arms, Studio 6, White Hart, Mornington Crescent!

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 15 May 2009 1.05pm
JonR wrote:
why crawl? find a good pub (which you've already done) , and stay there.
after The Lord Clyde, try the Charles Dickens, The Ring, and maybe the Fire Station

Why crawl? As I'm showing a west Londoner (Camra member too, natch) the good pubs we have in the area.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of the Charles Dickens but not been before.
Friday 15 May 2009 3.12pm
The Gladstone & The Rake.
Saturday 16 May 2009 7.54am
Haven't been for a while but I used to like the 'Hole in the Wall', which sits in an arch at the front of the main station. Had a slightly working man's club feel about it at the time.
Sunday 17 May 2009 9.12am
Suggested itinerary: The Royal Oak, The Roebuck, The Gladstone, The Lord Clyde, The Charles Dickens, The White Hart , The King's Arms on Roupell St.
Sunday 17 May 2009 10.46am
Thanks all. In the end it was The Royal Oak, The Lord Clyde, Charles Dickens, The Union Jack (mainly because we got caught in a downpour, but it really wasn't that bad) and then The Ring.

Good selection of beer in the Charles Dickens but poor decor and Sky News constantly on the screens didn't really help the atmosphere. Overall I think The Lord Clyde is my favourite; an old-school boozer with a good mix of punters.
Monday 18 May 2009 11.16am
I agree that the decor in the Charles Dickens isn't great, but the pub quiz on a Wednesday is superb, and they do good, honest, cheap, food.

i suppose it all depends on what you want from a pub.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: