Igloo flower shop Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 18 May 2009 4.17pm
Does anybody know what happened to the flower shop in Shad Thames? It's all closed and there are some "sign our petition" posters on the window.
Monday 18 May 2009 6.18pm
I believe it's owned by the same folks that own Igloo in Borough. You might want to give them a call and see what's going on (assuming they're still in business).

Tuesday 19 May 2009 11.08am
There is an igloo flower shop on Bermondsey St

Personally, I have found them overpriced and frankly a bit surly and rude at time, so I don't use them anymore.

Admittedly, I don't buy flowers/plants that often
Tuesday 19 May 2009 11.15am
I just hate to see the beautiful flowers go. It was always so pretty walking past there and it smelt gorgeous. It definitely added to the quaintness of Shad Thames. I'm aftraid that now we'll end up with yet another takeaway coffee/sandwich lunchtime place for the offices around!!!
Tuesday 19 May 2009 12.07pm
Can recommend Green's Florist, 137 Jamaica Road, SE16, convenient for the NE corner of SE1. Much cheaper than Igloo, and very nice, honest lady owner.
Tuesday 19 May 2009 1.49pm
So I guess noone knows what happened to them and why they closed?
Wednesday 20 May 2009 8.27am
Wednesday 20 May 2009 1.22pm
markadams99 wrote:
Can recommend Green's Florist, 137 Jamaica Road, SE16, convenient for the NE corner of SE1. Much cheaper than Igloo, and very nice, honest lady owner.

And on the other side of the borough, the florist on Gt Suffolk St (?Denise's?) along by the locksmith and the fruit and veg shop also does a good job at a good price.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 21 May 2009 6.42am
From a conversation in the Bermondsey Street branch last night, it appears that an unsighted person tripped over one of their displays outside Shad Thames, complained, and then Southwark closed them down.

For now, the contract business etc for local businesses in Shad Thames is being run from the BS HQ.

Lucky no-one has ever tripped up on the Shad Thames cobbles,or they'd have to close the whole place down !
Thursday 21 May 2009 11.13am
Oh no!!! People trip constantly on the cobbles, that's ridiculous!!! What a shame!! Thanks for the info Ceity Slicker.

xxx
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: