Antonine Heights, City Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 19 May 2009 2.49pm
Hi,
Does anyone who uses this forum live in Antonine Heights?
I've moved in recently and was wondering what the situation with recycling is? Not sure there is a household recycling collection from this building?

Thanks!

Alison
PKM
Tuesday 19 May 2009 3.49pm
There is no recycling facility in the development unfortunately. I use the bins at Blue Lion Place on Long Lane (opp the Italian deli).
Tuesday 19 May 2009 3.53pm
Really? Thought there would be at least a paper bin in a block of flats that size.
Thanks for the info!

There seems to be a lot of noise coming from the block of flats in the evenings (the block opposite the entrance to Antonine Heights).
Is there usually a problem with noise in the development?
Tuesday 19 May 2009 5.08pm
Wow, is there seriously still no recycling provision at Antonine Heights? I moved from there over 2 years ago and had rung Southwark Council several times to request recycling bins pointing out the quick win for their recycling targets given how many flats there are in the development.

Extraordinary that nothing has happened in that time!
Tuesday 19 May 2009 7.07pm
Southwark's Recycling team are really good in my experience - we have about 8 big blue bins for various things for our building (25 flats). They've done collections within a day of requesting (outside of normal pickup days), and they even remembered to bring the additional glass recycling bin that I had asked the bin-men for when they came to empty them!

Just contact them and I'm sure they'd be happy to set up recycling for your building (provided there's space, of course. Oh, obviously it might be a good idea to clear it with your building manager/ building management co. first though!)

Gwynaeth

Recycling unit
Tel: 020 7525 2000
environment@southwark.gov.uk

More info here:
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/RecyclingPages/OtherWaystoRecycle.html

No ties etc.
Tuesday 19 May 2009 7.40pm
I beleave that southwark council, did provide recycling bins at the end of city walk near morrocco street, but that these were taken away at the residents request of city walk as general rubbish was dumpped next to them. (Though in my experience it was the residents of city walk who i saw walking out of their flats and dumping rubbish).

I dont live in the development but i wondered why the reccyling bins could not be stored next to the regular bins which i see brought up from the garage area.
Saturday 23 May 2009 1.46pm
We had a letter from the managing agents a few months ago saying they were looking into putting some recycling bins in a storage area outside but nothing has happened since. If you face the front door, it's around the left hand side of the building. If you look at the moment, the door to this area has been pulled off its hinges!

The bins at the end of Morocco Street and the ones on the other side of Leathermarket Gardens were taken away because ordinary rubbish weas being dumped there.

There are a set of bins at the tower blocks on Weston Street, opposite the junction with Leathermarket Street.
PKM
Tuesday 26 May 2009 12.14pm
Its not possible for the recycling bins to be underground with the regular bins - something to do with the entrance not being big enough for the collection vehicles...
Tuesday 26 May 2009 12.19pm
Thanks for all the replies, I think I know where those bins are on the junction of Weston and Leathermarket Street, I guess I'll just use those.

Seems strange that nothing has been done for any facilities closer to home, seeing as there are so many flats in the development?
I would imagine a lot of people just won't bother if they have to walk to Weston Street to dispose of their recycling.
Tuesday 26 May 2009 3.46pm
If you want something on site it really is up to the residents (leaseholders) to decide what to do. It is not up to managaing agents, who only do what they are asked to do by the flat owners. There are also problems with siting recycling facilities anywhere it is up to those who use them to do so responsibly and correctly....unfortunatly not always what happens.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: