Arrest Grange Rd and TBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 May 2009 12.21am
Anyone witness the dramatic police activity at the traffic lights at the jcn of TBR and Grange Road today around 4pm? A number of youths being wrestled to the ground by police and several of the Met armed response people in attendance.
Wednesday 20 May 2009 12.55pm
Good! Finally....
Thursday 21 May 2009 9.53pm
It's good to see the police getting hands on.

I recently met a number of officers from the Riverside Safer Neighbourhoods team at a community meeting and during our chat, I was pleased to learn that burglary is one of their current key priorities. Personally I can't think of anything worse than being burgled, so I was pleased to learn that it's a current priority. As well as engaging in a preventative work such as property marking (using SmartWater) the team are also providing high-visibility reassurance policing.

I was also interesting to hear about a recent success. Apparently there was a burglary at a business premises on Curlew Street earlier this month and thanks to an eagle eyed member of the public they were able to direct officers to Tooley Street. As a result four men were arrested and a large number of laptop computers were also recovered. Of the four males apparently one subsequently been charged with Burglary.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: