Running club?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 May 2009 11.43am
Does anyone know of a running club, perhaps one that goes along the Thames?

I like running but tend to get bored on my own...
Thursday 21 May 2009 9.52am
There's always the Serpentine, although they tend to start an finish in the west end.

We do desperately need one. There used to be a triathlon club in the area, but I dont think that exists any more.
jw
Saturday 23 May 2009 9.04am
Could always start one up? I'd be interested
Monday 25 May 2009 11.26am
I think the nearest 'proper' running club is Dulwich. Have you tried the Fetch Everyone website? They have an ongoing thread called FART (Fetchies Along the River Thames) who frequently meet up for a trot along the river. I've only got round to meeting them once and ended up running with two seasoned marathoners - i've never moved so fast!
Tuesday 26 May 2009 9.54am
I'm in the Serpentine running club.

They're based up near Edgemare Road, but at least you can get a straight tube home to Elephant after the Wednesday night run.

http://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/training.html

They also do some hill sessions in Greenwich and I believe there's a swim session in Guys Hospital pool.
Friday 29 May 2009 12.29pm
If you're interested in joining a gay and lesbian running club then there's the London Frontrunners. We run from St. Thomas's Hospital on a Monday evening and either run to Tower Bridge and back (about six miles) or Battersea Park and back (about seven miles).

http://www.londonfrontrunners.org/monday.shtml
Friday 29 May 2009 3.43pm
I would love to join a local running club - I get bored doing it on my own. I have done no exercise for a while so it would have to be a beginners club! please let me know if someone starts one up.
Thursday 4 June 2009 8.49pm
Thanks so much for the suggestions. The Serpentine club sounds great...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: