Good dentist - good service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 22 May 2009 3.37pm
There have been frequent posts on the forum asking about dentists. Last Thurs. I found the Tower Bridge Road dental practice, popped in and registered. I was offered a cancellation appointment there and then and in the space of an hour had registered and seen a dentist. Two days later, I had an early morning appointment for a scale and polish. The surroundings were clean and pleasant, the woman dentist, who I think was perhaps Spanish, was helpful, efficient and friendly. They are also taking on new NHS patients.All treatment prices for private and NHS were clearly displayed. I was deeply impressed. No connection etc. I just thought I'd award good service.
Thursday 11 June 2009 6.45pm
Question: I thought NHS dentists do not do teeth-cleaning, as dentists in the US do.

Is "scale and polish" only available for a private fee?
Tuesday 16 June 2009 10.06pm
If your'e looking for a good private dentist Dr David Trent on Jamiaca Road is brilliant. I am a 47 year old dentistphobe, but I must admit he puts me at ease.

I do think he is a little pricey though.

I went to him in real agony with a tooth that cracked and exposed the route. He had to remove the tooth and I said how long would it take; he said 5 minutes. I then asked how much and he said 90. I said to him 90 for 5 minutes work and he said, laughing, "I can take as long as you like".

I got the point, got rid of the tooth and he has been my Dentist now for about 5 years.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: