A good-bye of sorts and a note to anyone who needs furniture/household items

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 23 May 2009 3.46pm
I'm sorry to say that I will be moving out of SE1 at the end of May. It's been a wonderful year here, due in great part to the London-SE1 website, but I can't pass up an opportunity to move into a lovely flat in St. James. I hope I will still be allowed to attend Whisky Club and the Dinner Party Club (at least through the end of this round), and to visit the many friends I have made here (and, of course, to keep up with SE1 events via London-SE1). You're not rid of me this easily!

My new flat is very well furnished, so I need to sell all my current furniture and most of my household items. If anyone is in the market for a sofabed, wardrobe, table, sideboard, etc., or an iron, toaster, etc., drop me a line and I'll send you a list and pictures (I'm afraid James may not be too keen on my posting all that here). Most of it is Ikea, but professionally assembled. (I can especially recommend the super king-sized memory foam mattress--the best I've ever slept on, and I would never sell it except it's too big for the new bed.) You'd need to pick it up from my flat on Leathermarket Street, but there is an elevator. I'll be posting it all on Gumtree, but I wanted to give the SE1ers first choice (and a 10% discount!). Everything can be picked up between the 27th and the 30th of May.
Saturday 23 May 2009 6.19pm
I've just bought a king memory foam mattress. Tempurpedic? Anyway they're terrific. Mine cost 1k
Saturday 23 May 2009 6.26pm
Do keep in touch Laphroaig, good luck with the move. We recommend that you become the Hon. Chairman of the S.E.1 Whisky Club!
Saturday 23 May 2009 6.43pm
Thanks, Nomad. I definitely plan to stay in touch!

Mark, it's a Tempur-like one, made in the UK by a company called SleepDetox, so it was about half that. It is fantastic--I'm going to see whether I can ditch the mattress in the new flat and buy another one of them. They also make custom sized mattresses, for anyone who has an antique bed. Or a boat.
Thursday 28 May 2009 5.28pm
Sorry to spam, but while the website was down (and I couldn't receive any PMs), I posted a bunch of stuff on Gumtree. If you search in the "for sale" section for "Ikea", then look for the ones with "SE1 Bermondsey Street" as the location, those are mine. Again, 10% off the listed prices for SE1ers! Just mention the website if you respond to an ad.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming ...
Thursday 28 May 2009 6.02pm
Hi.Can you please send me some pics of your wardrobe and table please.
To simonigloo@aol.com

Cheers
Simon.
Thursday 28 May 2009 7.06pm
(Email sent.)
Tuesday 2 June 2009 11.25am
Hi Laphroaig, if you are only moving to St James then you are only just in SE1(6) so I think you are still fully entitled to be an SE1 Forum member. See you soon at an SE1 Social!
Tuesday 2 June 2009 12.26pm
Isn't St James SW1? That's still only one letter out.
Tuesday 2 June 2009 12.47pm
I was thinking of the new development near Bermondsey tube which is called St James ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: