I'd like to start a running group...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 May 2009 5.49pm
Hi All,

Due to the criminal lack of any organised running club in the area, i'd like to start a running group which could potetnially meet once/twice a week.

A bit about me: i'm a twenty four yr old professional who runs about three times a week at the moment, done a few 10Ks and the Reading Half, and i'm booked to do my first marathon in New York this coming November.

I'd like to start training with people - i find it gives me more of a push when it comes to going out for those longer runs!

Distance-wise i was thinking anything between 4 and 15 miles, but i'd like to know everyone's thoughts first.

Many thanks for reading the post and let me know if you're keen to try and get this off the ground.

Tuesday 26 May 2009 7.43pm
Hi Ollie,

I would be interested. I 3-5 times a week anywhere between 2 and 6 miles. I would like to increase that as would like to aim towards a half marathon.

Running with others would be great.

Thursday 28 May 2009 2.57pm
Hi Ollie, I`d definately be interested. Normally run 4-7 miles 3x a week, and am currently working my way back after injury.
Thursday 28 May 2009 4.46pm
Hi Ollie

Sounds like a great idea. I usually run 5 miles once a week around the London/Tower Bridge area. Let me know if you get a group set up.

Thursday 28 May 2009 4.51pm
I'd be interested - but i'm back-of-the-pack slow - 10 minute miles tops. Just working my way back from injury, having had to pull out of the London Marathon, and now starting to plan training for the Great North Run. Once my delicate achilles is good i would love to have some people to run with close to home.

Ollie the NYC Marathon is awesome and as fab as everyone says. If I can't keep up with you out running I can at least help with some experience to share.

There is an almost identical thread 'Running club' on here and the Fetch Everyone website has a group called FART (Fetchies Along the River Thames) who regulalry go out for a trot together. If you are a runner and havent discovered fetch have a look - it's great - you can log runs, map routes all sorts of stuff. www.fetcheveryone.co.uk
Thursday 28 May 2009 5.20pm
lullylush wrote:
. www.fetcheveryone.co.uk

Sorry wrong link - it's www.fetcheveryone.com
Sunday 14 June 2009 11.36pm
Hi, I'm keen to join a running club having just moved to the area and already enjoying running along the river. I've done 10ks but am wanting to build up my stamina and distance. Happy to help get something going - we could just plan a route and say when and where to meet?

Monday 29 June 2009 8.28pm

Ive just moved into the tower hill area and keen to find a few people to run with despite my beginner-runner status.

Wondering whether this group ever got going. Im keen to run about 3 times a week 3-7 milesish?

Look forward to hearing from you

Monday 18 April 2011 10.16am
Hello, I am interested to join a running club, although I am not a runner but would like to build my stamina up. I am based in the Elephant and Castle area. Does anyone know of any clubs or group of people that run in this area?
Thank you, Danielle

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: