Jamming in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 May 2009 11.30pm
Hi
I live in New York but am moving to London next week. I don't know London that well but was interested in the area south of the river. I found a lovely flat in the Jam Factory and need to give an answer whether I will take it or not tomorrow. So I would love to know any good, great, or awful things about the building and about the area. All information is much appreciated.
Nuala
Wednesday 27 May 2009 6.58am
Nuala, I think there is a residents association in the jam factory, or Hartleys. I think if you have to live in London, se1 is a good place to be, passing by this morning the plants were thriving in the upper glass houses....
Wednesday 27 May 2009 8.01am
Hi there, I will be moving in the Jam Factory this week with my girlfriend. As I haven't lived there before I can't provide you with details.

However, what I can say is that the Bermondsey street area is one of the nicest areas to live in zone 1 and the flats in Jam Factory are highly sought after. My girlfriend and I are at least very keen on moving in there.

Good luck with the appartment hunt.

Rgds
Thursday 28 May 2009 1.00pm
Thanks for the replies, we have decided yes and all going according to plan, we will be there next week! Looking forward to summer in London.
TAK
Thursday 28 May 2009 1.17pm
This link may be of interest to you
http://www.myjamfactory.com/
Thursday 28 May 2009 3.37pm
Hi Nuala,

TerryKnerryBoy is absolutely right in what he says about the area, it really is a special part of London and you'll love it around here. I've lived in the neighbourhood for over four years now, and I while I used to be just off Bermondsey Street I moved to The Jam Factory last week. If you send me a PM I'd be happy to share my experiences so far.
Friday 29 May 2009 2.13pm
The Jam Factory is a fantastic development! I've been in a number of units there and they all had a wow factor. Great security with the the concierge as well.
Friday 29 May 2009 8.14pm
Well I've lived in The Jam Factory for 2 years and have to say it's a great place to live. Very active residents association that do a good job in making the place better.

Can thoroughly recommend it.

Gaz
Thursday 11 June 2009 10.51am
Moving in Saturday!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: