Salsa nights Tower Bridge Rd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 May 2009 10.29am
Has anyone been to the new salsa classes/ salsa nights that are held on Tuesdays above The Don on Tower Bridge rd? They call it Bar La Vista now and they started in April. I was wondering what it's like. I'd love to go but want to hear some feedback first.

Their website for the salsa thing is www.deakocan.com

xxx
Monday 1 June 2009 11.11am
Noone's been there then?
Tuesday 21 July 2009 11.38pm
Hoping to go this Fri. Will let you know if any good. Hope that helps!
Wednesday 22 July 2009 12.02am
Fab!!! Looking forward to your report then!!!
Wednesday 22 July 2009 9.36am
Report Missdoo?
Did make me smile as it reminded me of school.
Anyways; What are the main criteria you are looking for as everyone has their own subjective slant?
I also write a Salsa blog http://highonsalsa.wordpress.com and have been to one of Veronica's "Letsdoitevents" on Percussion at Euston on a Saturday afternoon.
I'll try and get some pictures as well but I'm not very good with cameras something always goes wrong.
Monday 27 July 2009 8.41am
" The large sprung wooden floor is terrific. I arrived early, unlike the last time so decided to go and have a meal in view of the serious dancing I would be doing all night long. The restaurant downstairs The Don with Italian cuisine is clean, meticulous, waiters polite and well trained and the food; I had grilled Sea Bass Pescatore ...finger licking good. Drink is a bit on the pricey side, but that obviously relates to the location.

This was Veronica's first Salsa class in that venue and they obviously didn't have enough time to do the essential marketing. The class couldn't really get going, due to the lack of numbers. And she kindly refunded my fee. So the 12 or 14 of us (including Bar staff and DJ) just stayed and danced, talked and shared a few drinks and all-in-all it was a pleasant evening. Veronica and her friends make you feel welcome and I even got to learn Colombian style of Salsa ( as some of them were Colombian)."

Full text here
http://highonsalsa.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/bar-la-vista-towerbridge-london-new-salsa-venue/
Sunday 2 August 2009 2.40pm
The classes on Tuesdays are getting popular. I've only been there for three sessions - still in the beginner's group. Contrary to what they say on their website, the classes start at 8pm, not 7.
Come around, it's great fun!

Cheers
JL

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: