New things on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 28 May 2009 10.11pm
Signs of life on Tower Bridge Road: a new paint job on the unit on the corner with Swan Mean (the one formerly painted orange) - and ads for a baker in the window.

And the former Nefesh unit in between The now-defunct Hartley and William Hill: again a new paint job and evidence of redecoration inside.

Anyone have any idea what these units are going to be? One of them a bakery, I presume, but the other...?
Monday 1 June 2009 7.14am
The unit at no. 41 (opposite The George) also seems to be under refurbishment. It's all terribly exciting.

I appear to be the only one who thinks this. But anyway.
Monday 1 June 2009 2.25pm
41 is a new indian restaurant
Monday 1 June 2009 5.29pm
Competition for the Tower Bridge Tandoori then ...
Monday 1 June 2009 5.38pm
The door to 41 was open yesterday and I could see inside. If it's a restaurant then that's a pity because the decor looks grim. Reminded me of a provincial Greek tax office.
Tuesday 2 June 2009 9.32am
You're certainly not the only one who thinks this is exciting, Bel Ludovic! TBR seems to be changing quite a bit, a both ends.
Thursday 4 June 2009 7.20pm
Looks like the old Nefesh unit is going to be a food-related place: buffet/canteen-type equipment has been placed on the floor. Reminds me of Jollofe; perhaps they're having another go.

I have a feeling this unit and the one on the corner of Swan Mead may be part of the same business.
Friday 5 June 2009 10.33am
You're absolutely not the only one who's excited, Bel Ludovic. I reckon TBR's a fabulous success story just trembling on the brink of happening. (Well, maybe on the brink's a bit optimistic ..) Anyway, I was thrilled when they started completing the pavement outside the new Sainsburys. And now, at last, it looks like they're dealing with the site of that sad accident with the fallen tree outside the Premier Inn.
Thursday 28 July 2011 3.49pm
TBR seems to be waking up from its recession slumber. La Fermata has reopened, a new Chinese restaurant is being fitted out in the space of its predecessor, The Hartley's reopening seems imminent, Crystal Plus has become Lost and Found (finally open), and even the Badr Superette looks like it's being fitted out (anyone know what as?).

Unsurprisingly, however, Lazzat Snackway doesn't appear to have lasted long, and Tower Wines looks like it's on its last legs.
Friday 29 July 2011 2.06pm
Ha! I've never seen a soul in the snackway, ever. It was always completely empty.

I really hope TBR can see some improvement, Bermondsey Square has created a 'centre of gravity', which could hopefully spread out a bit. There's always the blasted A2 of course, which is increasingly resembling a bad-tempered car park, and the nail bar, less said on that the better eh?

Fingers crossed the latest incarnation of the Hartley will be good. Anyone know when it's due to open? The menu looks pretty good I think.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: