Military helicopters over the Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 May 2009 1.11pm
Hello,

Does anybody know why military helicopters are often seen flying over the Thames ? Who are they transporting ?

Thanks.
Friday 29 May 2009 3.08pm
We could tell you. But then we'd have to kill you.
Friday 29 May 2009 3.58pm
I do know - there is an actual 'road' down the Thames for helicopters to use. The area around the city has lots of controlled air space (Heathrow approach, City approach etc.) so they have an actual coridoor down the thames for helicopters to use. I had lunch a few weeks ago with an Air Force Chinook pilot and he was telling me how cool it was to fly down the river!
Friday 29 May 2009 5.06pm
Was he the one that landed the helicopter in his girlfriend's garden?
Zoe
Friday 29 May 2009 5.25pm
I thought there was a path as they all seem to follow exactly the same route...I think you should use your connection to get a free flight for some SE1ers...

I'd like to know why some look like they have weapons attached, we used to regularly have ones flying past very close to our block and I felt quite worried, in case a finger slipped :-)
Saturday 30 May 2009 3.10pm
Anyone notice the helicopter this morning 9am approx hoovering around se1?

anyone know why?
Zoe
Saturday 30 May 2009 4.43pm
It freaked my dog out, he's got a fear of buzzing flys, and has now started to fear the buzz of helicopters, which is ackward living around here!
Saturday 30 May 2009 7.50pm
hmeah wrote:
anyone know why?

Perhaps it was tidying the area up.
Sunday 31 May 2009 4.29pm
Zoe wrote:
...I'd like to know why some look like they have weapons attached, we used to regularly have ones flying past very close to our block and I felt quite worried, in case a finger slipped :-)

Don't worry - they are not armed, but if they were they would be pointing at the Houses of Parliament!
Sunday 31 May 2009 9.37pm
Debrajoan wrote:
hmeah wrote:
anyone know why?

Perhaps it was tidying the area up.

Très drôle!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: