Shad Thames Litter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 1 June 2009 6.06pm
Has anyone else noticed how bad Shad Thames is getting for litter? I walk down towards the bridge every morning and it is full of bottles, cans, papers, coffee cups, fag ends and other assorted garbage. Have Southwark stopped cleaning the street??
Tuesday 2 June 2009 9.11am
Perennial depression on this one. Sunday afternoon/early evening along the river from The Eye to Tower Bridge was a sight for sore eyes if you diverted your eyes to the pavement. Alas I fear the area is but a victim of its own success here and we must but grin and bear it for another year. Too many messy people, too few bins and little collectors.
PKM
Tuesday 2 June 2009 9.23am
I feel the same about Bermondsey Street and that doesn't have the same number of people walking up and down it. There is always rubbish flying around, bin bags left out for days without collection (I can't work out if its no collection or being left out on the wrong day that's the problem).
Tuesday 2 June 2009 10.17pm
Gary - why do you say for a year? what's changing?
Wednesday 3 June 2009 8.15am
Bill - too true! Short of a citizens revolt, the litter will sadly remain.....revolting.
Thursday 4 June 2009 7.59am
I've emailed Southwark before about the need for more weekend rubbish collection in Potters Fields... at the very least they could empty the bins! I dont think they bothered to reply...
Thursday 4 June 2009 11.41am
jonnyp42 wrote:
... at the very least they could empty the bins! I dont think they bothered to reply...

The only times I have ever had a reply from Southwark Council have been when I copied a local councillor as well. Otherwise you are ignored by our "public servants".
Thursday 4 June 2009 11.57am
jonnyp42 wrote:
I've emailed Southwark before about the need for more weekend rubbish collection in Potters Fields... at the very least they could empty the bins! I dont think they bothered to reply...
It's Potters Fields Trust in Gainsford Street. You can walk in there. They're pleasant and responsive.
There's a thread on this: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/68553/page=1

Shad Thames is of course Southwark.

More London craftily removed the bins on their estate.

Maybe there's a fit between the need for frequent litter collection and beggars in Shad Thames.
Friday 5 June 2009 9.06am
markadams99 wrote:
Maybe there's a fit between the need for frequent litter collection and beggars in Shad Thames.
How very Norman Tebbit.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network