Royal Mail Problems?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 12.15pm
Is anyone experiencing extraordinarily bad delivery service from Royal Mail lately? I've been in the area for 4 years but mail delivery has deteriorated significantly over the past year or so.

I've had numerous specific issues and just poor service in general. Worst of all, I recently caught my postman smoking drugs in my building!

Last month I sent two 'test letters' to myself from the post box across the street. It took one of them 6 business days to arrive and the other one never made it!

I see that this was an issue back in 2004 (http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/9201/page=1) and supposedly Simon Hughes got involved. Did anything come of that?

I think it's time to start a campaign again. Or am I the only one getting crap service?
Wednesday 3 June 2009 3.27pm
I received a letter yesterday threatening to cut my gas off because I had not responded to previous letters, none of which I got. I suppose it could be the gas company but I think the post is more likely.
I do wonder what else I'm not getting.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 9.51pm
I received a letter today posted to me in April!?!

I do get quite a few around 4 days late, so yeah, what am I not getting.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 10.21pm
I occasionally get parking tickets referring to previous warnings, which I never received.
Can get quite expensive.
Thursday 4 June 2009 11.03am
Summer time....lost of temporary staff who are not really interested....always happens....doesn't excuse the rest of the year though....they just can't be bothered i guess.
Monday 8 June 2009 1.55pm
I have also ntoiced a marked downturn in the postal service the past couple of months. I know for a fact that I have been sent magazines, a birthday card and a cheque but these haven't arrived (and of course there will be missing mail I don't know about).

You can actually go to the Royal Mail website, and in the Customer Services section fill in a form for late/lost mail. You can also claim compensation even without proof of posting.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: