Circulo Closed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 8.41pm
Hello all,

Eight weeks has come around again and it's time for me to get my hair cut. Sadly it appears that Circulo in Shad Thames has shut up shop.

Does anyone know the story? And (more pressing I suppose) does anyone have some contact details for Jenny?

Failing that: can anyone recommend another good hairdressers in the Shad Thames area?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Wednesday 3 June 2009 9.16pm
I am happy to recommend Jimmy's. He is actually in SE16, but only just. He is next to Bermondsey tube station. I tried that fella near Dock Head a few times - but he is a nightmare.

I don't work for Jimmy - I just let him loose on my barnet every few weeks.
Thursday 4 June 2009 12.32pm
I'll second Jimmy's. He and his sons have been doing mine for five years, ever since a girl in a unisex hairdressers decided to BLOW into my ear to remove the loose hair from inside!
Saturday 6 June 2009 7.53pm
would have to reccomend dennis (just men) in i think it's dock street (parallel to mill st).... 8 quid, hilarious bloke, no frills, straight out of 1975 but it's job done, rather than the 40 quid it cost me for a short back and sides in circulo....!
Monday 8 June 2009 7.12pm
@ LonDan - with you on Dennis. But I know where Boss St Bloke is coming from, you really do have to be in the right frame of mind for the Den experience! Nevertheless, a very good barber and my first port of call

I might give Jimmy's a go next time however

I have to say, Den would no doubt be flattered that he had been included in the same conversation as places like Circulo lol...! He might up his prices to 9 or something cheeky

The thread starter did ask for "hairdresser" suggestions tho, but I'm afraid I can't help there, sorry, we're rambling on about blokey haircuts and I don't know if that's what you wanted
Monday 8 June 2009 7.32pm
I used to use the Dockhead "Just Men" hairdresser all the time. However, Dennis can be a nightmare.

The final straw was when he left me half way thru my hair cut to make coffee for his one of his mates - who always seem to popping in. He was gone for a good 5 mins.

God forbid he is cutting your hair when he has the footie on - expect him to stop and watch the action then try and pick up you cut where he left off.

No, enough Dennis antics - Jimmy and his son's are a much more professional bunch and a cut is still under a tenner.
Tuesday 9 June 2009 10.28am
I've heard a couple of versions of the story, both of which involve the owners pulling the plug on a busy store losing money.

I'm sure Jenny will give you the full version when you call her. She's doing home visits and can be contacted on 07532 088738.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: