114 Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 7 June 2009 4.59pm
I bumped into the new owner of 114 Bermondsey Street, and given that it has construction going on, I asked what it's going to be - a vietnamese cafe/sandwich bar, apparently, with fresh food prep'ed from scratch. He's hoping to open in July.

I thought it sounded good, and different, and the owner seems really nice, so I thought I'd share the info! (No connection)
Monday 8 June 2009 3.13pm
Splendid! I've become quite hooked on Vietnamese baguettes (banh mi) since finding a place in Camberwell that does them, and I was concerned that working in Tooley St would cut me off from my supply. Great to hear that they're becoming more popular!
Monday 8 June 2009 4.25pm
Those sandwiches sound great!

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 9 June 2009 8.09am
Critical mass coming to the area at last.....having lived here for 15 years now I am beyond pleased that more than a couple of estate agents are now really getting stuck in and providing community for the area. Between the florists, the steak house, the hotel and cinema, and now this joining the other all the other businesses in the area it will become an ever more vibrant place to live....roll on Bermondsey. Now where could we put a Waitrose?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network