Thunder

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 7 June 2009 8.38pm
I assumed that extraordinary thunderclap this morning would have generated more attention, but it appears to have been ignored throughout the local media. Personally as far as "extreme" weather goes, it ranks up there with a truly scary thunderstorm I once got caught up in on an Italian lake. As this is central London, my first thought was that there had been an explosion of some kind, especially as it set off numerous car alarms in the parking lot behind my building. Did anyone else think it was a particularly loud bang or was it the fact that it ripped me out of a deep sleep that amplified it to sonic boom dimensions in my imagination?
Sunday 7 June 2009 8.43pm
You're not alone, in my barely awake state I thought a bus had driven into the house!
Sunday 7 June 2009 8.54pm
It was blimmin loud! I thought my roof was falling in - still turned over and went back to sleep tho...
Sunday 7 June 2009 10.52pm
It made me think my building was under attack. Dream and reality merged for a moment!
Sunday 7 June 2009 11.04pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Did anyone else think it was a particularly loud bang or was it the fact that it ripped me out of a deep sleep that amplified it to sonic boom dimensions in my imagination?

I nearly shat the bed. It seemed to be followed by a few quietish ones which didn't make sense and made me think I'd exaggerated it in my sleep too.
Sunday 7 June 2009 11.09pm
How vivid, beetroot :p I was hovering twixt sleep and consciousness and it was the lightening that got my attention - followed by the Big Bang. Hutch, my cat, was unmoved. I wasn't! :-)
Zoe
Sunday 7 June 2009 11.16pm
I also thought a bomb had gone off, I leapt out of bed in shock and rushed to the window...strangely my dogs weren't bothered, and normally they hate thunder, it obviously didn't sound like thunder to them. I've been knackered all day having been woken up so early!
Monday 8 June 2009 6.54am
it blew me out of bed!!
Monday 8 June 2009 9.36am
Oh it did wake me up too, louder than anything I have ever heard thunder wise! Took a while to convince myself it really was just thunder.
Monday 8 June 2009 9.48am
I thought it was a bomb too. It must have been pretty much over head (OKR way) as the lightening and thunder were pretty much simultaneous. It even got a mention on 'Something for the Weekend'.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: