Royal Mail - lost letter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 February 2004 1.51pm
Liberal Democrats are supposed to be good at local issues, I suppose it's a matter of putting focus where there's some hope of making a difference as they're not likely to be let in on national policy making!

However, I haven't received my communication from Simon Hughes. Has anybody else? They cannot ALL have been lost in the post.

I suppose we can give up on that blast of enthusiasm, and continue to suffer.
Tuesday 10 February 2004 2.31pm
not sure I'd agree Liberal Democrats are good at local issues. I spoke to and wrote to Mark Pursey, one of the lib dem councillors for cathedrals ward about a very serious local issue in December, and also phoned him and left a message. Haven't heard a dicky bird, so I'll make sure I won't be voting for him next time. sorry to have tangented mapmaker. what were we supposed to receive?
Tuesday 10 February 2004 4.16pm
I think you may be jumping the gun a little here mapmaker. Simon Hughes has always been extremely helpful to me in the past and I'd be really surprised if he didn't do something to try and sort out this SE1 mail problem. I have no doubt that there were probably very few useful votes in sorting out my housing benefit problems some years ago but his personal intervention certainly got things moving.

Has anyone contacted his office to see what's happening?
Wednesday 11 February 2004 8.14am
I have spoken to a LibDem councillor I know well, and he promised to get in touch with SH to see what's happening. Shouldn't be long...
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.47pm
if it's mark pursey I wouldn't bother.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.50pm
Merely that he said that he'd write to us within a week of the meeting, and that he'd organise another meeting (not on a Friday) for mid-February.

Mid-February is beginning to happen, and my diary is filling up.

Silence from our MP.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.50pm
No, it's Richard Porter. He has already sent a email to SH. Let's hope it helps. I still dont have 3 letters that I sent to myself 13 December.....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: