Function room,hall hire,pub hire??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
rollthedice Thursday 11 June 2009 3.37am
sorry if its an old cookie,but hello peoples!!....could anybody give me any information regarding hireing any of the above in the se1 area this would be for much later in the year...any prices etc,ideas....i am in the early stages of celebrating a 40th..cheers se1 ers....
KP Thursday 11 June 2009 8.36am
Try Shortwave in Bermondsey sq.
beetroot Thursday 11 June 2009 12.18pm
Could you describe the sort of party you want to have? There's an interesting room and bar upstairs in the Old Kings Head (King's Head Yard) or there's a good sized space in Bermondsey Village Hall, although you'd probably want to dress it.
Rambling Phil Thursday 11 June 2009 1.19pm
I used the upstairs room at the Roebuck for party to mark a similar event last year and can thoroughly recommend the venue, Michael the manager and the rest of the staff.
(no connection other than being a satisfied customer)
Tom Pepper Thursday 11 June 2009 11.59pm
We used Borough Bar at London Bridge for a joint family birthday, 50th. and 70th.
There is no charge for the venue providing you spend a minimum of 1500 including food.
Or if it's only a small celebration, 40 or 50 people then try the Catholic Club in Paradise St. SE16
rollthedice Friday 12 June 2009 1.02am
thanks for all the feedback,small gathering as in under 30 people..thought about a hire as more of a meeting place,and would be more cosy if cut off from the general public...and going somewhere after as pubs close at 11....any ideas where 10-30 can get into??.....what about prices roebuck etc??...cheers...
Charliemck Monday 15 June 2009 1.39pm
You could have the upstairs of the Woolpack on Bermondsey Street, went there a few year ago and the hire fee was only 40, its about the same for the downstairs room at the Garrison over the road too. Happy Birthday!
Zoe Monday 15 June 2009 6.42pm
Thai Silk on Isabella Street has a room upstais that's quite nice, and is open a bit later than 11pm.
rollthedice Tuesday 16 June 2009 12.48am
Thanks!!....similar question but these days 4-5 men cannot get into a club unlikely anyway!!....any ideas where 6-15 mostly men could go on a saturday late bar-club-....even boat on thames??....thank you
KVR Friday 17 July 2009 2.36pm
The Garrison has a small room to hire - fits around 25 people in I think. Also Village East has a smaller room downstairs to hire but not sure if you need to eat there or not - worth checking out though as staff are really helpful there. Good luck with your search and have a good birthday!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions