MOT-reliable garage in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 June 2009 1.19pm
Hi guys,

Can anyone recomend a reliable garage in SE1? I need to get my car MOT'd..

Friday 12 June 2009 2.25pm

What a coincidence! My partner has been meaning to mention how good the MOT garage he uses for our car is on this formum - after passing for another year with our regular garage. We've been using the same place for, well - at least the past four years - if not longer and they have been consistently very good and reliable.

I can't remember what they charge off hand - but will post again after work this evening when I have the info to hand.

They are:
Southwark Bridge Testing Station
164 Southwark Bridge Road
SE1 0DG 0207 261 9722

No connection just very satisfied customers hoping that this firm doesn't disappear under a new tower block.
Friday 12 June 2009 4.55pm
Millenium City Garages (mentioned in at least one of the threads) on Gt Suffolk St have been great with our last two MOTs. Nick is very pleasant and keeps costs down. They've also helped with other bits and bobs needed in between MOTs e.g. i broke down in Finchley, the clutch had fallen apart, and i got the AA man to tow it back darn sarf and dump my car on Nick's forecourt (it was saturday so they were closed). couple of phone calls later and a key left with the bike garage next door, and they sorted it out.
Friday 12 June 2009 6.09pm
Agrre with Tom DV - Millenium is great
Friday 12 June 2009 8.52pm
Not in SE1, but I always take mine to the Tower Hamlets testing centre near Canning Town station. Its a council centre so they're not authorised to do significant repairs and no incentive to rip you off. Well worth the trip in the morning before work.
Saturday 13 June 2009 12.37am
Millenium is great. Ever since VW wanted to charge me 2600 quid for some work and Nick did it all with a smile (great customer service) for 400 I have been going back. Even when I was based in Oxford I would drive my car down to him to get it serviced.

I believe its been 6 years now that I have been going to Nick, and it is always the same high quality and reasonably priced work.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: