Watchdog - Lambeth Parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pam
Wednesday 11 February 2004 9.40am
Anyone see this last night? It was about Lambeth towing people's cars and not letting the owners know, so they ended up repoting them stolen and claiming on insurance.

As I'm currently contesting a ridiculous parking fine with them this raised my spirits - now I count myself lucky that I only got a ticket

Incase you didn't see it here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/index2.shtml

Post edited (11 Feb 04 10:11)
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.45pm
something similar happened to someone I know, except in Tower Hamlets. They phoned TRACE, only to be told the vehicle hadn't been towed and were about to report it stolen, but just beforehand asked a security guard in a nearby building if they could view CCTV footage of the street. Lo and behold Tower Hamlets parking enforcement van towing the vehicle away in glorious technicolour. It took them about 2-3 days to admit they had it, at one point they said they may have had it but lost it. After much detective work at various car pounds, he found it, but.. it gets better, they had dropped it onto another vehicle and damaged it. They then charged him a 3 day storage fee (even though they hadn't admitted they had it until then) and would only accept a credit card payment, causing even more hassle.
I wish I could be as incompetent as that in my job and get away with it.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.52pm
Parking Attendant really are 'A Law Unto Themselves' quite literally...

Did you see that legally they are going to be held accountable for illegal penalties they issue.

It is up to you to prove your innocence an not them to prove your guilt.

Odd thing this justice idea....

Post edited (11 Feb 04 16:12)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: