Bernese Mountain Dog

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 June 2009 12.03pm
Some of the locals may know me, or more Guss my 4 y o BMD, well his girlfriend (a 3 y o BMD) needs a new home, I cant home her so was looking for a local so that they can still meet etc.

anyone interested please email me.

Tuesday 16 June 2009 9.35am
Where has she come from?
Tuesday 16 June 2009 9.54am
My ex and I split a year ago, she kept the girl and I kept the boy, she it not in the best of healths and has to have some operations in the coming weeks hence she cannot look after her and in the long terms she sees problems, so we talked about what we can do to keep her near Guss as they meet and canoodle.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 10.09am
It may be worth contacting a breed rescue, as they have experience of finding good homes for breeds. Try Bernese Welfare (01787 371940 - they'll be able to find a good home for her and make sure that the new owners can give her the love and training she needs.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 10.58am
Thx but that is the point I wanted someone nearby, without sounding rude did you not read the thread :-(
Tuesday 16 June 2009 11.20am
without sounding rude was that last comment really necessary andrew. I am sure babybat did read the message or why else would he post. If i had been you i would have taken his post to be a really helpful alternative if your ideal solution of someone local doesn't work out.

Given if what i have read about bernese dog after a quick google, is true their relative short life span, health issues and the size of dog I would think it is quite possible you will have difficulty finding someone local (although i do wish you luck they look lovely dogs) to offer her a home. so why not just take baby bats post in the helpful tone it was no doubt written?
Tuesday 16 June 2009 11.44am
Maybe i sounded terse but as I said i did not mean my comment to be rude, I gave a reason why i wanted her to stay local hence why would I go to a breeder of which none are local to london.

Of course if I do not have joy locally, i will reconsider the position, breeds of this nature must be homed correctly and I am fully aware of their needs and health issues.

thx anyway
Tuesday 16 June 2009 1.44pm
If she is well enough you could take them both to Greenwich Park early one morning. Pass the word amongst the loads of dog people up there & you might find something. I know it's not on your doorstep, but hopefully close enough for a visit & people may have a little more space for a large dog up there ! Good luck
Tuesday 16 June 2009 2.21pm
Hi Andrew - yes, I read your original post. The reason I suggested a breed rescue is even on a nice, welcoming forum like this, you can't really know the people you're rehoming your dog to. You don't want your dog going to someone who may just use her as a puppy machine, or doesn't have experience of the breed's specific needs and health issues. I work for a shelter and I know first hand how hard they work to ensure the dog is going to the right home - whether that's local or not. Personally, I wouldn't be happy rehoming my dog to someone I only knew on the internet or a random dog walker from a park.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 3.21pm
Sarahse1 thank you for your suggestion.

babybat thanks again for being helpful, I really didnt mean to be rude.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: