What is it?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.32pm
Does anyone know what/who is in the former electricity sub-station at the bottom of Tabard Street (no 217) behind the Black Horse pub on Great Dover Street?

The place was refurbished a couple of years ago and then was empty until fairly recently. It looks like a swanky architect's office now and they've even made a feeble attempt to landscape the garden by plonking a pampas grass in one corner.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 1.35pm
why don't you get in touch with Southwark Planning and ask them - they should have some idea!
Tuesday 17 February 2004 9.49am
Why don't you just ask them?
Tuesday 17 February 2004 11.18am
That pampas grass has been sitting there for ages. I think the place is disused. Desirable but disused...
Tuesday 17 February 2004 11.37am
There's a funny place at the top of Wild's Rents (off Long Lane) that looks like a private members club come brothel... very well secured, no windows etc etc...

Anyone know the one or what it's used for?

David
Tuesday 17 February 2004 12.17pm
That used to be Gilleys (or Jilleys?) Piano Bar until a few years ago. Then the place got done up and the shutters went up etc. No idea anymore. Intriguing though. Cameras over the big iron doors doors. Maybe it's the new Anvil.
Tuesday 17 February 2004 12.30pm
the plot thickens....
Tuesday 17 February 2004 12.35pm
It's a private house. I think it's owned by someone in the film industry. I don't know why I know that, so I could be wrong.
Tuesday 17 February 2004 6.04pm
Not sure what the business is on Tabrd Street ,but there are now people busily working away in there now.....computers and everything!!

As for the place on Wilds' Rents.......does anyone remember about 10 years ago when it acquired the name "The Back Passage"?

I will leave the rest up to your imagination.......
Wednesday 18 February 2004 8.36am
blimey....

it's too early to imagine.

what do you mean?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: