Jubilee Line

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 17 June 2009 1.37pm
What's going on with the Jubilee line?
It looks like it is going to be closed every weekend from now until October!
It's a real PITA at the weekends especially since bus services from London Bridge to central London or West London are crap!!!
Anyone got any info on why we get such a bad service in SE1?

this is the link to the replacement bus services: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/emails/worksandclosures/Jubilee_A4_20_21_JUNE.PDF

now unless I am being stupid, these are great for replacing the Northern Line...but the Northern Line is working - where is the replacement bus service to get to Green Park, or Baker Street or Stanmore even from London Bridge?
Wednesday 17 June 2009 2.31pm
Diamond Geezer has a good blog post on the extra closures TfL recently announced as the Jubilee line work is running late.

London Assembly member Caroline Pidgeon has tabled a question to Boris asking that the replacement bus that currently runs to Bank be diverted to run to Waterloo instead. Answer should be available next week - watch this space.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 2.41pm
Seems ridiculous that it should be closed each weekend.

I would probably walk from London Bridge into the West End or you could get the river boat to embankment and walk from there.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 4.05pm
You can also get the RV1 bus, which leaves from the north side of London Bridge station and runs via Waterloo to Covent Garden.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 4.36pm
I've been going south on the northern line to E&C and catching the bakerloo back to the westend - sounds inefficient but actually quite quick and uncrowded.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 5.05pm
I generally use the 188 or 1 from Tower Bridge Road - drops me over Waterloo Bridge, virtually on The Strand.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 5.11pm
Forgive my ignorance, but what is it they're actually doing? These closures are maddening.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 5.25pm
Interestingly TfL have removed the press release about the extra weekend closures from their website.

Here's an extract:

Richard Parry, interim Managing Director of London Underground, said: "Delivery of the Jubilee line upgrade by the end of the year will be of huge benefit to passengers and London's economy and will point the way to further massive improvements across the Tube network in the years to come.

"The upgrade will lead to a train every two minutes at peak times on the Jubilee line, providing a third more capacity over and above the 17 per cent that was delivered through the addition of a seventh car at the beginning of 2006.

"For customers this will mean less time waiting on platforms, and faster trains will also reduce journey times by around 22 per cent.

"Tube Lines has requested additional weekend closures to ensure it completes the upgrade by the end of December, as promised."

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 5.27pm
You can always take the overground train from London Bridge (Platform 6) to Waterloo East and Charing X
Wednesday 17 June 2009 5.30pm
Why are they not working during the night instead of the weekend? Specially if Jubilee and Central line are not working. One can take 188 to Strand, but often over the weekend you have to wait ages until one arrives!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: