TFL Bike parking - London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Wednesday 17 June 2009 7.01pm
I used this today, it was fairly efficient, but it cost 1.50, and as I was only doing half a day that seemed a bit steep, they should have a rate for a shorter period.

Coming out onto a one way street is a bit of a pain as well, but being able to get your bike serviced while it's parked up is quite good, and people seem to have good things to say about that bike shop.

I think it's a really good idea, particularly given James' link to the article about bikes being stolen (I'm just suprised that everywhere else is so honest) but I'm not sure I'd want to pay 5 a week, particularly if I was getting on the train afterwards which is hardly cheap itself, it should be included in cost of a season ticket.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 11.58am
Transport secretary Lord Adonis gives his verdict:

"I needed to get my A to Z out to find it," he said. "And look at the opening hours - 7.30am to 7.30pm. You would have to lead a pretty narrow office life to use it."

Full article: http://bit.ly/M4nf9

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Wednesday 24 June 2009 8.27pm
That's a good article, and what he says is completely right, I am so often frustrated by the complete lack of parking for bikes.

I recently went to the B&B community council and there was no parking, and it was held in a school (where are teachers going to hide to smoke without bike sheds?)

I don't want to fasten my bike to street furniture, and sometimes it's a real challenge to squeeze between the other bikes on stands, that's when there are any stands, and a space on the stands.

I'm glad we are having the velib scheme, but money should be spent on better facilities for all cyclists.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: