Simply Indian....simply rude?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 18 June 2009 7.14pm
gosh _ I am in tears, just ordered takeaway from Simply Indian - very rude manager called to shout at me asking me where I was when the delivery guy attempted delivery the first time around when I had specifically said not to come before a certain time. Then hangs up on me. So I call back and ask him what is going on and what his name is and he says "I don;t have time for this" and hangs up again. So I call at the restaurant and he SHOUTS at me saying "Please leave me alone"...?!?!
What kind of person speaks to his customers this way?! Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am thinking of writing a letter to some consumer body to get them investigated - am so upset by this experience!
Thursday 18 June 2009 7.56pm
You will find many a posting on here about Simply Indian.......all along the lines of "dont go there"......Cafe Nawaz just a couple of streets away miles better !
Thursday 18 June 2009 9.23pm
I used to eat and order there and took many a friend as the food was really good.However,a few months ago,I waited over two hours for my delivery!!! The owner shouted at me too.I had met him in the past,so was perturbed by his response and asked what kind of owner would speak to a customer like that.He put the phone down on me.The food arrived shortly afterwards.I opened the front door,took the food and closed the door without paying.Delicious.
Thursday 18 June 2009 10.48pm
I've hidden one post in this thread as I think it crossed the line from giving an account of a customer's experience to being abusive and unpleasant in its own right.

However from experience (after he objected to previous reviews of the restaurant) I can agree that the proprietor of this establishment certainly has an unconventional approach to customer relations and reputation management.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 18 June 2009 11.46pm
southernbelle wrote:
gosh _ I am in tears, just ordered takeaway from Simply Indian - very rude manager called to shout at me asking me where I was when the delivery guy attempted delivery the first time around when I had specifically said not to come before a certain time. Then hangs up on me. So I call back and ask him what is going on and what his name is and he says "I don;t have time for this" and hangs up again. So I call at the restaurant and he SHOUTS at me saying "Please leave me alone"...?!?!
What kind of person speaks to his customers this way?! Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am thinking of writing a letter to some consumer body to get them investigated - am so upset by this experience!

You are not by any chance related to the person who recently complained of being badly treated by staff in a chip shop in Witham are you?
Friday 19 June 2009 8.11am
May I recommend Neds Noodle Bar in County Hall for future deliveries.

http://www.nedsnoodlebar.com/

I must be a gold star customer there if there is such a thing! Duck in oyster sauce YUM.
Friday 19 June 2009 2.00pm
Having read the reviews and the above thread, we have here a restaurant in our neighbourhood whose owner/manager is content to shout at several customers in person and on the phone, making unfounded accusations that they are persecuting him, and reducing them to tears in more than one case.

I hope everyone votes with their feet on this (and can add my voice to the chorus of people who say go to Cafe Nawaz - it's superb).

Maybe it could be run as a news item sometime soon, and of course, offer the owner a right of reply. I think as local stories go it's got everything going for it!
Friday 19 June 2009 7.52pm
not me. never been to Witham!
Friday 19 June 2009 7.55pm
thanks to all of you for your replies. I feel somewhat consoled by the company although agitated that the owner has been able to get away with this type of treatment for so long. Colinio - thanks for your suggestion! I am going to try and contact Southark Weekender to see if they will run the story!
Saturday 20 June 2009 7.41pm
Fully agree with everyone. We went there 6 months ago to give it one more try after getting some really nicely designed flyers through the letterbox.

Found that they were still rude and had a real attitude problem when asking to get a takeaway. Their concept and Marketing material may be good, but I'm afraid they've lost me as a customer through lack of service.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: