Simply Indian....simply rude?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Sunday 21 June 2009 7.37am
the southwark weekender is a rather sad propaganda sheet isnt it? the restaurant reviews are always glowing, totally unreliable.
as far as the "simply" versus "nawaz" battle-to-be the latter wins hands down. lovely food and very friendly staff. the little smiling waiter who also delivers is a real star!
Monday 22 June 2009 10.54am
Why confine the debate to Simply Indian vs Nawaz?

We used to go to SI when we lived down off Gt Dover St. Was never disappointed per se but sometimes it lacked something.

Now we are fully committed to.... Mango Tree on Redcross Way. Excellent both in and takeout/delivery.
Friday 3 July 2009 4.14pm
I have to say, I've been getting take-outs from Simply India for quite some time now and have never had a problem. Great food, and pretty cheap - and as far as my experience friendly enough staff. Although they do keep trying to insist I live somewhere else - I think they have some auto mobile phone/address software.

They even sent their delivery guy back once when they forgot our naan bread - I didn't get shouted at.

I'd advise taking these other posts with a pinch of salt.
Friday 3 July 2009 4.28pm
ssimps01 wrote:
I have to say, I've been getting take-outs from Simply India for quite some time now and have never had a problem. Great food, and pretty cheap - and as far as my experience friendly enough staff. Although they do keep trying to insist I live somewhere else - I think they have some auto mobile phone/address software.
They even sent their delivery guy back once when they forgot our naan bread - I didn't get shouted at.

Are you Susie from Clementine Communications?
Friday 3 July 2009 5.18pm
LOL
She's becoming a legend on this site.
Friday 3 July 2009 6.18pm
ssimps01 wrote:

wow you must really feel for them what with joining today so you could leave your one and only post in their defence. And are you suggesting people are lying, exaggerating or what? And does that include James Hatts?

take with a pinch of salt
Friday 3 July 2009 6.29pm
OK, OK folks - please let's make people feel welcome and give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof of underhand behaviour.

ssimps01's experience may well have been different - and it's perfectly reasonable of him/her to say so.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 July 2009 6.35pm
Well sorry if I jumped on ssimps01 James but the pinch of salt bit about others posts wound me up. I've had delivery from Simply Indian with no problems so I was a bit surprised when I first read this thread but I didn't doubt others experience.
Saturday 4 July 2009 12.42pm
in advising people to take others' posts with a pinch of salt, shouldn't you be advising them the same about yours too? agreed that everyone's experience is unique but your implication that your experience is more authentic than those of the other posters has no merit. this is a forum on exchanging people's different experiences to find common ground, not a quest for the Holy Grail.
Saturday 4 July 2009 12.43pm
sorry that post was addresses to ssimps01!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network