Simply Indian....simply rude?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Saturday 4 July 2009 1.10pm
James Hatts wrote:
OK, OK folks - please let's make people feel welcome and give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof of underhand behaviour.

I am all for being welcoming but frankly the way ssimps01 introduced him/herself and the tone of voice don't really generate much sympathy. There is such a thing like common courtesy and barging in like that and arrogantly dismissing other people's posts like that is slightly out of order if you ask me.
Saturday 4 July 2009 4.17pm
ssimps01 wrote:
I have to say, I've been getting take-outs from Simply India for quite some time now and have never had a problem. Great food, and pretty cheap - and as far as my experience friendly enough staff. Although they do keep trying to insist I live somewhere else - I think they have some auto mobile phone/address software.
They even sent their delivery guy back once when they forgot our naan bread - I didn't get shouted at.

I'd advise taking these other posts with a pinch of salt.

Whilst not advising any salt pinching or anything like it, I changed allegance from Tower Tandoori to Simply Indian about a year ago. I've never experienced any rude behaviour and the food has always been delicious! Maybe the only irritating thing was being left on hold for a couple of minutes because I wanted to pay by card over the phone!

I particularly like the duck samosas with pineapple compote. Yum x 1000000! :o)
Monday 14 September 2009 10.00pm
Hi...ive just stumbled on this thread after some time.

I have never been to Simply Indian but have heard some good things until this thread!! Will give my opinion soon.

I have tried all the others incl. nawz, mumbai, lovage etc. In my opinion Bengal Clipper and Tower Tandoori have been the most impressive and i would say are in a league of their own! ;op
Monday 14 September 2009 10.32pm
Hey, you lot!
Hire a mini bus, get your little derierres down to Southend-on-Sea and have the best 'Indian' of your life at 'Tiffin's.' Great food, knowlegable and attentative staff and, on top of all that....you're at the seaside! (o.k, o.k, the Thames estuary, but near enough!)
Monday 14 September 2009 11.36pm
chalkey wrote:
Hey, you lot!
Hire a mini bus, get your little derierres down to Southend-on-Sea and have the best 'Indian' of your life at 'Tiffin's.' Great food, knowlegable and attentative staff and, on top of all that....you're at the seaside! (o.k, o.k, the Thames estuary, but near enough!)

You have GOT to be kidding Chalkey!
Even if Georges Escoffier was doing a freeby I don't think that I could be persuaded to get my derrière down to Southend for it.
Tuesday 15 September 2009 11.32am
I think Escoffier was more famous for 'Peach Melba' not Tika masala!
Don't know when you were last in Southend, Tom, but I was pleasantly surprised at the improvement when I moved to this neck of the woods, having not seen the place for 20 years. The pier, (the longest in the world incidentally,) is undergoing complete renovation, (after the devastating fire of a few years back,) and will one day be back to it's former glory. The beaches are cleaner than they've ever been and if you've got kids they'll love 'Adventure Island.'
There, that's my bit done for the Southend-on-Sea tourist office!
(Having said all that, I still wish I could afford to live in SE1!)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network