Archduke wine bar

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 June 2009 5.11pm
Just to let people know that the Archduke was sold to tbe 'black and blue' people who own six restaurants including the one in Borough. They are doing a massive refurb and its scheduled to re-open on Thursday.

The staff do not have phone numbers for most people who have booked tables and so if you are planning to come please make alternative plans and spread the word to anyone who you know is a regular.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 9.38am
Is it going to a Black and Blue (I hope not) or something merely similar-ish?
Friday 26 June 2009 6.29am
The restaurant was not open yesterday (Thurs 25)and looked far from opening in the next few days. My daughter has made a group booking there for Saturday 4 July for my 70th birthday and 18 people are scheduled to be attending and I have paid 140 deposit. Can anyone tell me if the restaurant will be open on 4th July and if my booking will be honoured? Can anyone suggest an alternative, similar venue in the area that might take us at such short notice?

Thanks

Tom
Friday 26 June 2009 7.24am
the companies house web site link below shows their registered office in the west end.it might possibly be a solicitor contact.Companies house doesn't show them as being wound up,but I am no expert at these things.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/209fa22598ffbd7ca9da150956c58aac/compdetails
Saturday 27 June 2009 8.36am
Dear Mr Hill
The restaurant is scheduled to begin opening from today. I would like to reassure you that your table and deposit should be safe but this sale has gone through with very short notice to the staff/loyal customers. I suggest that your daughter phone the usual number to confirm the booking. Looking forward to seeing you again when the dust settles.
(Neil)
Saturday 27 June 2009 9.44am
Will Maurice still be playing the piano?
Monday 29 June 2009 6.30pm
Hi there. I am 'Maurice' the pianist who plays Friday at The Archduke. I only heard this morning about the takeover...which came as a shock, having played there for so many years! I'm playing a one-off tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then my regular Friday, this week. What happens after that, who knows....I am hoping the new owners will carry on with a live music policy.
Regards to all Archduke regulars.

Maurice
Monday 29 June 2009 9.11pm
http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/item/3606/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 8 July 2009 9.30pm
Just to say that my 70th birthday party went ahead last Saturday as planned at The Archduke and all went well. My friends and family all thoroughly enjoyed themselves (and so did I) and everyone said the food and wine was excellent. All went smoothly due to the work of the staff and the superb organising skills of my daughter. Can thoroughly recommend The Archduke if you are planning a party.

Cheers

Tom

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: