Car body shop recommendation please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 5.38pm
Hello All,

Can I have recomendations for a decent car body repair place around se1 please. Or futher afield if there are none.

Some twit reversed into my car, and left a nasty dent that cannot be just sucked out.

Not being used to this, I have no experience of car body repair shops around here and my usual garage cannot assist. I am looking for a reasonably priced place that paints/sprays panels properly, with no bubbling :-)

All help is appreaciated, thankyou for reading.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 8.36pm
Not sure how useful this is, but TR Autos (Elephant Road , under the arches near Elephant & Castle) have always been good for me, they have done some bodywork repairs although it didn't include respraying (my car is so old it didn't warrant it!) so I cannot vouch for how good they are at that.

No connection just a satisfied customer who went with them based on previous posts on this forum :-)
Tuesday 23 June 2009 10.24pm
I approached a car repairers at the Elephant some time ago, and the quote they produced was astronomical, something like 6 hours labour for a scratch about 12 inches long. I was outraged, and took them to task. They told me not to worry 'as the insurance company would pick up the bill'. When I told them this was not the case, and I would be paying for the damage myself,(to protect my No Claims Discount) I was offered a quote which was about half the original. I am loathed to name the ToeRags who gave me the quote, simply because I have no paper evidence, and cannot support this story. Please be aware that I was close to approaching the police & trading standards for the behaviour of TheseRotters who appear to be pushing up the cost of our insurance with impunity. Please be careful who you use - maybe try any of the garages at Robert Dashwood Close near Amelia St, off Walworth Road - I've used most of them, never had any problems - steer clear of the ToeRags tho'
Wednesday 24 June 2009 12.18am

my car's not new, but I look after it and would like to find reputable place that sprays panels properly as often they leave them with a ripply or 'bubbled' surface.

It'll be a new panel as well. sigh...
Friday 3 December 2010 8.50am
Try Aston at Metro Cab Services, 65 Webber Street, 020 7928 2303, or 07956 452564, he is very good, and very reasonable, no connection other than he repaired a small dent and scratch on my wife's metallic grey Fiat Croma so well that it looked like invisible mending.
Friday 3 December 2010 6.49pm
Have had work done by Millennium, the work was 2nd to none, the respray guy (Harry) has many moons of experience, my front bumper and side panel were replaced along with some dents on the side & back, couldn't have done a better job.

I also noticed he was doing a restoration job on a antique car at the time...which gave me confidence.

Mine was paid for by insurance, get it down there & get a quote first instant from Nick.

Here is a forum on Millennium City Garages:

Millennium City Garages
68-70 Great Suffolk Street (rear)
Southwark, London, SE1 0BL
Tel: 020 7928 5005

No connection, just a happy customer who has used them on several occasions
Friday 3 December 2010 7.57pm
I'd go with Millenium, they are great. However a friend had some work done at the place on webber street and was happy, so I think you are safe with both.

There's also a place off Tooley Street, I think it's on Barnham Street, under the arch. I've never used them but all the cabbies go there and they are constantly busy so I think they must be OK.
Monday 6 December 2010 5.19pm
I recommend Wendex in Cruzifix lane. fast and very professional work. thor

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: