Delfina - Wedding Venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 7.58pm
We are thinking of possibly having our wedding ceremony and reception at Delfina next year. Does anyone have any experience/opinions of this as a wedding venue or just in general?
We've not eaten there yet which is something we'll ensure we do before booking but am interested to hear people's thoughts.
Thanks
Tuesday 23 June 2009 8.19pm
About a year ago we investigated having our wedding there but eventually plumped for somewhere else. The guys were all very friendly, the food was pretty good in the restaurant and they have had some amazing events there in the past. However, they were deliberately marketing it as a blank canvas, and that's potentially the downside - you have to hire in all the tables and chairs, lights, decoration etc etc. So if you've got the creative vision and time to put it all together it would be brilliant.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 9.09am
been to a wedding there, and got to say it was fantastic. v cool venue but its a big space though so bear in mind you need to fill it...
Wednesday 24 June 2009 10.25am
Did you get a quote for all those things to be hired? I sent them an email at the weekend asking for prices for hire and what's included etc but have not heard anything back yet. I kind of guessed tables/chairs etc would need to be hired and of course we'd have to bring in flowers etc. We are keen on the idea of having a blank canvas as we're looking for somewhere quite modern so means we can tie everything in with our own colour scheme.

We're looking at btw 100-150 for the day and 150-200 for the evening so I'm hoping that would be enough people to not make the place seem empty??
Wednesday 24 June 2009 11.11am
'Fraid not... I recall there were differing prices depending on whether you wanted the front room, the back room, or both, but that was pretty much as far as we got.... Let us know how you get on.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 12.52pm
one I went to was around 150 and that was fine. as a guest got to say made a refreshing change going to a wedding in Bermondsey St rather than some country church. Then we all ended up in the Hide Bar oppoosite which stays open later than Delfina....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: