Elderflower Champagne

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 2.41pm
On this beautiful day, I feel like making Elderflower champagne - does anyone know a place in SE1 where I could find some Elderflower plants? Thanks!
Wednesday 24 June 2009 9.22pm
No idea about the plants and it's not SE1 but I do know John Lewis sell the finished product - nice but perhaps a little steep at 20!
Wednesday 24 June 2009 10.09pm
Why Don't you try Belvoir Elderflower cordial.

http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/

I used to buy it at Waitrose (before moving abroad). I used it as a cordial mixed with sparkling water but according to the label, it is also very nice mixed with a glass of champagne.

If I could buy it in Switzerland (where I live now, after living in SE1), I would!
Thursday 25 June 2009 6.40am
Bit late really as the flowrs are the way to going into berries! there were some growing on the adventure playground in falmouth road, dont know if they are still in flower now as mine are too high to reach where i picked them...made elderflower cordial...smashing.

can you make the champagne from dried flowers? in which case you could try Baldwins.( walworth road)
Thursday 25 June 2009 7.48am
Thanks for the tip - I know I am a bit late with this, but I'll try Falmouth Road anyway.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: