Activities for my mother in law?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 2.47pm
Hi -

My mother-in-law is coming to visit with us for 2 months this summer (yes, we have a good relationship!)

My wife and I both work, and our daughter is in daycare, so we don't want the Grandmother to be bored and are looking for local passtimes for her.

She's in her mid-60s, active, mobile and self-sufficient. She's from Latin America (and first language is Spanish) but she has been to London before.

She'll likely do a lot of tourist stuff on her own, but I know she'd like to join various social groups to pursue her interests (such as in art) and improve conversational English.

Any suggestions very welcome!

Chris
Thursday 25 June 2009 7.07am
Theres a Latin American Golden years club, recreational social activities etc.

<latinamqvc@btconnect.com>

------------------------------------------
or the Dulwich Picture Gallery, tours, talks, workshops

c.ferdinando@dulwichpicturegallery.co.uk

both are on southwarks website .
------------------------------------------
or just send her to the elephant and castle shopping centre as they have many people from that neck of the woods on the 2nd floor shops she would enjoy talking to.
Thursday 25 June 2009 9.46am
Hi Jan -

Those are terrific ideas! She'll love the Gallery, and I didn't know about the Golden group - thanks for the tips!

Chris
Thursday 25 June 2009 10.08am
Bluefish

if she likes producing art not just viewing it it may be worth seeing if Morley College has a summer art course she could join for the period she is here-that will help her to meet people with similar interests also

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: