Roadworks in Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 24 June 2009 9.09pm
how can the council allow major rroadworks to take place in the evening in a residential area??
i went to bed at 11 last night and it was still going on.. its right outside bermondsey hotel too ..greats for the guests..
its says on the signs it goes on till 5am in the morning.
who do we complain too and was there any warning..
the council have shown nil respect to residnts.....
Wednesday 24 June 2009 9.34pm
If you ring the noise team they will tell you if they have asked for permission to work at night. They probably have (and as far as I can see Southwark always agrees it), but complain anyway, I always do and you never know, someone might notice!!

If they don't have permission and are claiming it's emergency work, ask for an officer to go out and check it's actually an emergency. We had a claim of emergency work when they were replacing benches and lights on waterloo east station at 2am, it was a seating emergency, clearly.
Thursday 25 June 2009 9.03am
I have written (by e mail)to the enviroment team to complain that we were not given warning re the resurfacing work - our bedrooms are right on the road and my son has not had a decent nights sleep this week. The road does need resurfacing badly but why this could not be done of a weekend as the water mains were is beyond me.
Thursday 25 June 2009 11.46am
Oddly, there were warnings written on the road surface itself (in white spray paint) last week, which I haven't seen done before. The yellow signs that you more usually see hung off lampposts only seemed to appear in the last day or so.
Thursday 25 June 2009 3.39pm
it just seems ridiculous.. i am not on the main road itself but its needless disruption, i shouldnt have to sleep in earplugs all week..

i rang the southwark noise team 02075255777 last night.
i suggest anybody directly affected rings tonight.. they need to visit your property and take approx 45 min to attend.. so dont leave it too late..but we should do what we can..

i wonder if the bermondsey hotel are giving refunds???

again its dreadful disrespect to residents from southwark council..
i have also e mailed the environmental team but no replay...

does any one know what time they actually start/stop working..???
Thursday 25 June 2009 5.01pm
my son's teacher has complained tonight about him being very tired and not concentrating this week-hardly surprising given the noise level
Thursday 25 June 2009 8.04pm
I hate it when they write on the road, it stays for years before it fades if they aren't actually resurfacing over it, we have some near us, and it's such a bugbear for me!!!
Thursday 25 June 2009 8.39pm
I am so happy they are doing the work. it was long overdue. When I bought my flat, I made sure it was not on the main street as I did not want to put up with traffic noise. By the way, it is only for 5 days.I will ring the council to say how satisfied I am with them. I am really pleased with Southwark council.
Thursday 25 June 2009 8.55pm
thats the comunity spirit for ya..well done you
Friday 26 June 2009 5.43am
Community spirit? We are all going to benefit from a properly resurfaced street, no potholes and less noisy.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: