Summer fair at Friars School

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 June 2009 3.51pm
I don't know if it's just me but I was shocked to see that this primary school fete is boasting a barbeque by Nando's and refreshments by Starbucks .

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/7221/summer-fair

Since when did school fetes involve corporate sponsorship (presuming that's what this is about)? I thought fetes were all about the children, staff and parents doing everything, like serving tea and cakes they had made, not buying mass-produced, expensive c**p that can be found on any high street.

Can someone please tell me if this is the norm? Or someone connected with the school explain?

I'm horrified (of Webber St)!
Friday 26 June 2009 4.25pm
That's pretty sad.
Tuesday 30 June 2009 9.20am
Why on earth would anybody be 'shocked' at a Parent Teacher's Association taking some initiative to raise money for their children's school. If you'd actually gone to the fete, and supported this brilliant local school, then you'd have seen the energy and creativity put into the numerous other stalls that were run by the parents and teachers. You'd also have seen a vibrant and vital part of our community that could do with the thorough backing of everyone.

To post negative, sweeping comments that lack insight and understanding will have done little to encourage the small group of people who put hours of energy into putting on a great event for the SE1 area.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: