Fights & the Roebuck

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 June 2009 10.37pm
Tonight I had to call the police re a fight which spilled out from the Roebuck up the street.
The fight involved up to 15 eastern europeans. I did call the police on 999 but it took 20 minutes for a response when they eventually sent 2 policemen on foot. By the time they arrived the fight had broken up and drinking commenced back at the Roebuck. The debris from the fight broken glass , bottles and blood soaked tissues on the ground remain I am not sure what the outcome of the police attendance made.
Even as I write the music and shouting from the pub continues.
The Roebuck appears not to be able to control the problems which happen on a regular basis. All be it only the noise in the past I have never experienced such a violent night as I have tonight before.
Saturday 27 June 2009 8.36am
strange...i have never noticed problems like this at the Roebuck before.anyone know what the disturbance was all about?
Saturday 27 June 2009 9.01am
When I worked in Stratford the East Europeans would get paid on a Friday and drink all afternoon/evening until fights would inevitably break out.
Saturday 27 June 2009 10.27am
That's as may be, but why The Roebuck? I've not seen evidence of this either. Is this a known phenomenon? Surely if there are often fights there it would be jeopardizing their licence?
Saturday 27 June 2009 10.32am
JimG wrote:
When I worked in Stratford the East Europeans would get paid on a Friday and drink all afternoon/evening until fights would inevitably break out.
Good job that Brits wouldn't do that, eh?
...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: