Litter near City Hall and Hay's Galleria

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 27 June 2009 9.54pm
What's up with all the litter along the Southbank lately, especially the area between the mayor's office and up towards Hays Galleria. I have walked trough the area several times recently, and the ground seems to be covered with plastic bottles, cans and food wrappings. There used to be bins around here and for some reason they all seem to have vanished. If I were a tourist I would not be impressed. I don't get why there would be so few places to dispose of you rubbish in an area with so many people on foot. Hate to think how much rubbish ends up in the river. The council needs to sort the mess out and put a few bins and recycling units in!
Sunday 28 June 2009 8.21am
it was the same last summer after we had our (very brief) warm and sunny spell. the area around city hall and the walk along the river is a filthy dump at times
Monday 29 June 2009 8.30am
Don't get me started, please.......just do not get me started!!!

I think this is now the third or fourth year of this thread on LondonSE1, and each year it is the same - and sadly the same old litter problem!

Alas, the World to visit the SE1 riverside with a throwaway crisp packet, water bottle and ice cream wrapper...............
Tuesday 30 June 2009 8.41pm
The cleaning in this area is the responsibility of More London and London Bridge City. I've been battling with them for months, so please do add your voice. The people to complain to are:

Danny Postill, Estate Manager at More London 020 7939 3032

Paul Jackson, London Bridge City manager 020 7403 3583

Shane Clarke at Team London Bridge also has an involvement: 020 7407 4701 or email shane@teamlondonbridge.co.uk

Southwark Council can issue an ‘enforcement notice' if the problem persists. The contact there is Sue Grisedale at Sue.Grisedale@southwark.gov.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: