Talbot Dental Clinic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
boroughbloke Thursday 2 July 2009 6.44pm
Basically, don't go there. Out of 5 recent appointments within the last few weeks all but one were cancelled by them at the point when I arrived. The last failure (and the last straw) being this morning.

Any recommendations for a reliable alternative?
emmab Thursday 2 July 2009 8.23pm
Same happened to us - we registered as a family - 4 of us - and myself and 2 children have had all but our first appointments cancelled at extremely short notice and seem to have fallen off the system altogether with no appointments rebooked. I think they have had several changes of receptionist/admin. My husband has remained on their books by sheer chance. Absolutely hopeless.
schnake Thursday 2 July 2009 11.37pm
maybe it is for the better they cancelled.
i went there with my daughter last year and got so upset i considered making a complaint to the nhs, which i didn't in the end because i just wanted to forget this sorry place as soon as possible.

i made an appointment for a filling of one of my daughter's teeth and after having waited for quite a while, the dentist looked at my daughter and gave us a lecture on fizzy drinks (which she has never touched, since she hates bubbles even in water) in a very unprofessional and unaccomaodating way. she didn't do the filling because aparently it is never done on the first appointment, and that we had to come back.
needless to say we didn't go back and my daughter was pretty traumatised by this whole episode.

stay away, especially with children.
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 4 July 2009 6.29am
Has anyone reported this clinic to the NHS or the dental central body whateveritscalled? Seems to me this establishment should be closed down.
Jonathan K Saturday 4 July 2009 10.05am
I very much recommend MP Dental practice on Jamaica Road near Bermondsey tube. Modern practice and friendly professional staff.
Roman Saturday 4 July 2009 5.49pm
I am by now a regular customer of Talbot Dental Disaster^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HClinic, and I have mixed feelings. On one hand, there is definitely a problem with visit cancellations -- the dentist seems to be of fragile health, she is so often on sick leave! On the other hand, she treated me professionally and went out of her way to help me when I was in pain. I'm not totally happy about them, but it's not bad enough to make me switch and look for another dentist.
Sally P Monday 6 July 2009 12.13pm
Totally agree with Jonathan K, would thoroughly recommend MP Dental Practice in Jamaica Road. I have been a patient of theirs for over 5 years now and have no complaints, only praise for them.
pepper street Tuesday 7 July 2009 12.45pm
I totally agree. Every time I have been to this dentist she has been less than friendly, almost to the point of rudeness; I have nice teeth and look after them but somehow I always seem to get a condescending lecture from her.

She suggested I see the hygenist as well at extra cost and when I said I couldn't afford that she said 'not to worry, I'll just give your teeth a through hygenist-style clean now for free'!

On one occasion I turned up on time for my appointment and was kept waiting outside the door in a shabby looking hallway whilst the dentist and her assistant finished having their lunch!

And there always seem to be horrid old extracted teeth hanging about in plastic cups of brown tooth-water by the sink.

And she seems to wait to get my mouth filled with dentistry stuff so I can't answer back and then sits there moaning about how tired and overworked she is. Here's a tip. Take on fewer clients, treat them nicely and you'll be less stressed and overworked and your clients will feel better.

Rant over.
suziq Monday 13 July 2009 1.05pm
Apart from cancelled appointments, does anyone have anything to say about actual treatment from the dentist at Talbot Clinic? Is she good, is she careful, any horrors about painful treatment etc? Need some major work and feel a bit anxious about it in light of the negative comments so far. Any info very much appreciated.
Jan the old one Monday 13 July 2009 3.49pm
Have had glowing reports about a surgery 55 corn exchange..called The dental surgery..0207 680 1800 dentist called Simon.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions