Noise Pollution on Redcross Way

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 4 July 2009 10.59am
Is anyone else living around or near Redcross Way in Borough getting sick of the vile noise pollution being created EVERY single morning by the construction going on in what was once a respected place for people to rest? I live 5 blocks away and get woken by it every morning without fail!

I believe the construction is to do with the work for the new rail lines from London Bridge, but SURELY this work doesn't need to, or more importantly shouldn't be able to, commence with jack hammering at around 7am every day including Sundays.

I don't know if there's any point me whingeing to the local council about it as it seems there's a fairly large force behind this work, but maybe if we get enough people together they will listen to us!

Ideas people?
Sunday 5 July 2009 5.06pm
Southwark's times for construction work are 'generally' between 8am and 6pm with no working on Sundays. It's on Their site.
Not too long ago it seemed like Snowsfields near Guinness was constantly being dug up and replaced so I know how you feel. I consider myself very tolerant of noise. It takes a lot to bother me but it started to drive me round the bend. I feel for you. Good luck.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: