Annoying party Icon building 4th July

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 6 July 2009 6.39pm
was anyone disturbed by a party last saturday night..?
it went on very late.. and just seemed to involve a gaggle of american women whooping at 2 min intervals..

it was incredibly annoying and inconsiderate.

i am pretty sure it was the icon buiding ,cluney place..it would have disturbed everyone backing on to square behind.

it surely disturbed the other residents , even on long lane..

i called the noise team but although they are suposed to efficient i could not get an answer,, i also called the police and if they did attend it stoppped the screaming for at least oooh half an hour..

strange behaviour from the icon building...

i just wonder if any other complaints were made
Monday 6 July 2009 8.12pm
Surely cant we live an let live . July 4th American party let them have fun. Did they disturb you Sunday night?
Monday 6 July 2009 8.16pm
oh no....not people partying on a weekend!!
Monday 6 July 2009 9.02pm
it went on till at leat 4am ,,dont mind a party but this was too much.. think sex and the city gaggling and multiply by 50.. o m g ! whooooo hooo
Monday 6 July 2009 9.32pm
benrowe wrote:
oh no....not people partying on a weekend!!
There's all kinds of things one could do to mess up your weekend, but you wouldn't think that the day of the week justified it. It's boorish to party at the expense of your neighbours and your glib phrase shows you don't give a flying fig for their sleep or their children's sleep so why should anyone care what suits you?
Monday 6 July 2009 9.47pm
BTW I write from America where our 4th July passed off with great celebration and no un-neighbourliness. On 3rd July I went from Utah to New Jersey across flyover America with fireworks flashing 30,000 feet below, town after town.
Tuesday 7 July 2009 6.20am
i would like to here from anyone at the icon biulding really.. to hear what they thought?!?
Tuesday 7 July 2009 7.22am
I have no problem with one-off parties...for heaven's sake, it could be you or me on another night (hope 23rd July is in all your books - and it's a WEEK DAY). Continual racket is unforgiveable, but a Saturday night bash once a year....come ON!
Tuesday 7 July 2009 9.04am
That's the key Jackie. Clearly regular noise is a problem. But one-off parties we are all guilty of!
Tuesday 7 July 2009 10.01am
To back-up Boomshake's point: there was a very loud party going on: the party goers spent a lot of time outside the ground floor flat screaming. Unfortunately this is becoming a very regular occurance (as is the mess that is left outside on the public walkway): 3-4 times a week sometimes and well into the early hours.

And I am guilty of one-off parties and quite enjoy them.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: