Postal strike

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 July 2009 2.05pm
Is the anticipated strike from today till Friday happening? It certainly appears to be. I just posted a letter in BHS, and noticed that the letter box was perilously close to overflowing - wish I hadn't posted it now.
Wednesday 8 July 2009 2.58pm
How funny. If you hadn't have drawn attention to the fact that there's a strike, I wonder whether I'd have noticed any deterioration in service.

I'm used to the postman not coming on the odd day, and then getting two or three days' mail all delivered in one go. As far as I can see, that's all that will happen with this strike.

Makes me wonder whether all sorts of other people who I thought I'd had bad service from were actually engaged in some sort of industrial action ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 8 July 2009 9.39pm
I think the problem is that when there really is a strike the staff take weeks to deal with the backlog and the quality of service slips from poor to execrable.
Thursday 9 July 2009 7.37am
ex-e-cra-ble
-adjective 1. utterly detestable; abominable; abhorrent.
2. very bad: an execrable postal service.
Thursday 9 July 2009 9.10am
Well I got a recorded delivery from Royal Mail at 9:45am this morning so very happy. Was supposed to be before 9am but no quibbles.
Thursday 9 July 2009 10.05am
Royal Mail Delivery Office on Mandela Way is closed due to industrial action. I tried to pick up a package yesterday ... doh!!
Thursday 9 July 2009 11.05am
Aaagh... that website says:

"Picking Up Items from London Callers' Offices

* All London Callers Offices are open as usual for customers to pick up items we have previously tried to deliver and for which we have left a ‘Sorry… you were out' card. "

but now juanita says Mandela Way is closed too. Was just going to make a journey to pick up a parcel but if it is closed I should not bother.

It's not like I can ring them and ask either as they never pick up the phone at best of times.
Thursday 9 July 2009 12.11pm
Took the chance anyway and Mandela Way was indeed open today, and no queue either! Just seen our local postie outside as well so there is hope.
Jac
Thursday 9 July 2009 1.35pm
I got post today
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: