Del'Aziz Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 10 July 2009 11.42am
Had dinner at the new Del'Aziz in Bermondsey Square. What a fantastic meal! We started with some hummus and falafel followed by the chicken kebbab with cous cous and spicy sauteed potatoes - all the food was fresh, well cooked and delicious. Service was friendly (perhaps even a bit too friendly!) and efficient. Nice decor and setting. Will be heading back to buy cakes at the weekend.

No connection etc.

Chris
Friday 10 July 2009 6.07pm
I went there the other night and was a bit disappointed. We were on a table against the wall and it was really cramped. I dont mind 'cosy' but the staff were bumping into each other and tables had to be moved to get out. It would be much more enjoyable if they remove just a couple of tables.

The food was good, but I find Hiba much better quality and will stick with them!

On the plus side I am pleased to have a place for cake and the bar is nice.
Friday 10 July 2009 10.48pm
Went there last week - not impressed yet:
- there was a terrible draft in the room with the sliding door to the square always being opened and never really closed. Not sure if this is a design problem? Very unusual. a proper door would have been a better option.
- they missed parts of out order
- some food was cold once it got to our table
- the coffee took 20 min to arrive
- we ordered a bottle of wine 3x before it arrived
- the lamb was a bit to rare for my taste
That said, give them a little time. Staff needs training and looked stressed that evening. They were nice though, and the prices are very reasonable. The menu is very extensive, both food and drink. I will give them a go again in a while. It is nice to have some other menu around in the area.
Saturday 11 July 2009 9.20am
i don't underdtand these wildly inconsistent reports...how can it be so good for one customer and so bad for another? maybe we just have such differing expectations...strange
Saturday 11 July 2009 12.59pm
Not that strange, boroughpaul. I've been to the same restaurant at different times and had entirely different experiences.
Monday 13 July 2009 12.57pm
Isn't this where the remains of the Abbey are meant to be on display? I've not had a chance to look yet, but has anyone seen them?
PKM
Monday 13 July 2009 4.55pm
the abbey remains are in the bar area under a glass floor. its nots that easy to appreciate it fully but then can't see what else they could have done.
Monday 13 July 2009 8.20pm
I too welcome a new addition to the area but also had a poor first experience there. I went for lunch and although there were few people there it took ages to get to the table. When it came it was at best uninteresting and dull. I will give them another go but they were far below the quality of other eateries in Bermondsey Street.
Monday 13 July 2009 8.31pm
I went there last night and I had a really good time. The service was not ideal as it was our waiter's first day but they were all very friendly. We paid 70 for 5 with the service included as we used their 50% discount( My neighbour sent me the email) . When I asked them for Harissa, they brought some and it was delicious!
Jac
Monday 13 July 2009 9.31pm
serge wrote:
. We paid 70 for 5 with the service included as we used their 50% discount( My neighbour sent me the email) .!

Tell us more
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: