Alpaca

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 July 2009 5.02pm
What a weird sight - some bloke was standing outside Southwark tube just now with a live alpaca. People were taking pictures with their kids and the animal and the guy had a bucket for "voluntary donations". Got to love London sometimes :)
Friday 10 July 2009 5.09pm

There have been reported sightings for the past week of this alpaca in the streets of SE1

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 July 2009 5.10pm
Yeah, the same couple :) Not sure how the poor animal takes it all...
Friday 10 July 2009 6.33pm
Donations for what?
Sunday 12 July 2009 5.07pm
nelson wrote:
with a live alpaca

?As opposed to a stuffed one, which are all too common!
Monday 13 July 2009 12.24pm
Where does he keep the poor thing at night?
Monday 13 July 2009 4.04pm
Saw the Alpaca (apparently called Babe) in Borough Market on Saturday afternoon.

Not sure where it's kept, but said beast travels around a number of schools to allow inner city kids a chance to meet wildlife.
Monday 13 July 2009 10.12pm
Alpaca's aren't wild! But I'm sure they're interesting to the kids anyway.
Wednesday 15 July 2009 5.12pm
I also saw a guy walking an amazing brown alpaca down the street - his name is babe he said - i asked what he was doing - he said he was collecting donations which support the alpacas as they go in as special treats to all local primary schools in north london for free.I must say it really made my day to see somethink diffrent other than the boaring traffic. www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/.../4419538.Don_t_be_a_llama_ed__it_s_just_an_Alpaca/ -
Saturday 15 August 2009 7.43am
Another alpaca spotting (not the same animal - a white one - but part of the same project by the looks of it) on Union Street just after 7pm yesterday.

Lovely animal...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network