Parking Post

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 July 2009 6.23am
Does anyone know where I can get a parking post (preferably fitted as well) please?

Basically I live in a block of flats and each flat has its own car parking space. Some of my neighbours have more than 1 car so they invariably end up using my space, which of course prevents me from using it.

Sorry if my question/reason for asking it seems trivial.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Alex.
Tuesday 14 July 2009 7.51am
I can't help you - but it doesn't sound trivial to me. So many utterly selfish people out there....and a lot of nice folk, too :p

You could always have a word with dear old Southwark Council. They may have a contractor.....they usually do, lol.
Tuesday 14 July 2009 8.47am
If it's your designated parking space you could always resort to:

Charge a 25 removal fee and you'l soon have your money back.
ONLY JOKING You don't really want to get into a feud with the neighbours, even if you're in the right.
Tuesday 14 July 2009 9.11am
I have a feeling that Leyland on Southwark Street (the old Brahma tea museum) sell them.

When we used to have them, they were very difficult to see and cars kept hitting them!
Tuesday 14 July 2009 10.10am
Would a chain, with a padlock work?
Tuesday 14 July 2009 10.24am
Are you allowed to install it...it there precedence for this with other car space users having parking posts?
Tuesday 14 July 2009 1.39pm
Speak to the freeholder / managing agent, they'll probably have experience of getting them installed on other sites, and should agree to this reasonable request. They will be none too pleased if you get these works done to their land without getting their consent (whether it's part of the leasehold or just an 'allocated space' as most are, it would need their permission).
Tuesday 14 July 2009 7.43pm
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions/feedback.

To give you a fuller picture the block I am in has shared freehold. The lease does not specifically prohibit the installation of a car park post.

I did think of advising the managing agents of my intentions. There has been several breaches of the lease and the managing agents attitude is that it is not there remit, so I am going to go ahead.

Thanks to you who have taken the trouble to reply.

Regards, Alex.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: