Laundrettes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 15 July 2009 12.08pm
I've done a search on here but can't find a thread that answers my questions.

1) There is (or at least there used to be) a laundrette and dry cleaner on Harper Road. I used it frequently because it's close to where I live (on the Rockingham Estate). I went there this morning to try to use it but it was closed. Is this a permanent thing or will it re-open in the immediate future?

2) Obviously this now leaves me without the use of a laundrette and I need somewhere to wash my clothes! Can any of you recommend laundrettes in SE1 (preferably within a reasonable distance of the Rockingham, but that's not a deal-breaker if the laundrette in question does service washes)?
Wednesday 15 July 2009 1.13pm
there's one on Abbey Street that isn't too bad. They do service washes and are quite friendly. Not sure about cost but shouldn't be too expensive.
Wednesday 15 July 2009 2.36pm
the cheapest and the cleanest launderette near harper road is at 104 rodney road . post code- se17 1ra.
Wednesday 15 July 2009 3.20pm
Vally - do you have a connection with that launderette that you ought to make clear? No problem with people mentioning their own businesses in response to a question like that, but they should be clear about it.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 July 2009 5.10pm
there is also one in Long Lane as well-is there still one in TBR near the Bricklayer roundabout?
Thursday 16 July 2009 8.35am
I used to use the one on Long Lane. It's quite small but I hardly ever waited for a machine. They do service washes. I wouldn't do without my washing machine now though. Launderettes are so expensive.
Thursday 16 July 2009 9.28am
The one on TBR has been gone for years!!
Thursday 16 July 2009 10.44am
I use the one on Abbey St, but it's quite a walk for me (mobility probs) - it's clean and the staff are good and their machines are modern. I have bad memories of the TBR one - the woman in there made me cry once!
Monday 19 December 2011 11.08am
A friend is just moving to Surrey Row near Blackfriars Road. Is there a laundrette with service washes anywher near?
Thanks in advance.
Sue
Sunday 19 April 2015 6.43pm
Happy to recommend the one in Long Lane, I just used it. Very pleasant and clean, nice staff, machines in good order. Note, last wash starts about 1.25 hours before their advertised closing time. Their service wash sounds like a bargain, although I was only washing a duvet so didn't use it.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: