City Walk/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 16 July 2009 8.07am
Yesterday I received a notice from Southwark Planning for:

Erection of 7-storey building comprising retail at ground floor (Use Class A1) with office space above (Use Class B1a) at 199 Long Lane

The reference is 09-AP-1184 and the details can be found on Southwark's website:

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9532332

An application submitted last year for the same site was refused at appeal, if you object to this development please ensure your objection is received by Planning by 4th August 2009.

Thanks!
Thursday 16 July 2009 9.13am
Why was it refused last time?
Jac
Thursday 16 July 2009 10.28am
urbanite wrote:

1) The proposals by reason of design, massing and siting would be harmful to the amenities of neighbouring residential occupiers in terms of loss of sunlight/daylight, outlook and increased visual intrusion, and would result in an overbearing and incongruous form of development when viewed from the north. As such, it is considered to be contrary to policy 3.2 Protection of Amenity, 3.11 Efficient use of land, 3.12 Quality of Design and 3.13 Urban design of the Southwark Plan (UDP) July 2007, SPD Residential Development 2008 and policies 4A.3 Sustainable design and construction, 4B.1 Design principles for a compact city and 4B.3 Enhancing the quality of the public realm of the London Plan 2004.

AS quoted on southwark panning website after searching 199 long lane
Thursday 16 July 2009 11.00am
it is a tiny piece of land on which they are trying to shoe horn a development. The building next to it is residential and has windows looking out on to the proposed site . I feel very sorry for the people in that building as it will be very intrusive if allowed to go ahead.
Thursday 16 July 2009 11.32am
urbanite wrote:

Sorry, here's the Planning Inspectorate's appeal decision:

http://www.pcs.planningportal.gov.uk/pcsportal/fscdav/READONLY?OBJ=COO.2036.300.12.880614&NAME=/Decision.pdf
Thursday 16 July 2009 11.38am
dee dee wrote:
it is a tiny piece of land on which they are trying to shoe horn a development. The building next to it is residential and has windows looking out on to the proposed site . I feel very sorry for the people in that building as it will be very intrusive if allowed to go ahead.

Yes, the residential building to the west of the site is entirely low cost social housing, with windows and balconies looking onto the site. To the east of the site is an aparthotel in progress which has been worked on for almost 2 years now, and Antonine Heights is to the north of the site.

It is a miniscule plot of land!
Wednesday 29 July 2009 7.10am
foxton77 wrote:
Yesterday I received a notice from Southwark Planning for:
Erection of 7-storey building comprising retail at ground floor (Use Class A1) with office space above (Use Class B1a) at 199 Long Lane

The reference is 09-AP-1184 and the details can be found on Southwark's website:

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9532332

An application submitted last year for the same site was refused at appeal, if you object to this development please ensure your objection is received by Planning by 4th August 2009.

Thanks!

I stumbled upon ANOTHER application but with residential flats for the same site on Southwark Planning's website (nothing like sneaking another application in while everyone's busy dealing with the first one) - we haven't received it in the post yet and there are no plans on the website:

Erection of a 7-storey building comprising retail at ground floor (Use Class A1), office at first floor (Use Class B1) and 9 self-contained flats above (Use Class C3).

The reference is 09/AP/1515 and can be found on the Southwark website.

It says that consultation ends 07/08/09 - surely if we haven't received it by post yet we'd get more than a week to comment?

Thanks
Wednesday 29 July 2009 7.29am
contact the officer in charge and tell them you have not received the notification as they may give an extention if there has been a problem
Wednesday 29 July 2009 7.45am
Generally you get two weeks to comment from the date of the letter that you receive from the council (so probably slightly under two weeks by the time the letter has reached you in the post). However, it seems to me that it can be a lottery sometimes receiving the letter in the post, so if I was you I'd review all the stuff on the planning website and email the planning officer directly. I believe that if the council gets three or more objections the application cannot be automatically approved by the planning officer.....
Wednesday 29 July 2009 7.38pm
I cannot imagine fitting a building onto that miniscule plot (it's currently sort of an overflow construction site from the building next to it, right?). I'd say it's unbelievable, but... I am also boggled by a glossy sign advertising the plot on Long Land just west of Simon the Tanner, which proposes a building to straddle the access drive to Blue Lion place, with one foot balanced on a squit of land currently occupied by rubbish and recycling bins.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: